What's New in Cloud Management at VMware Explore
In This Article
Article written by Gabriel Martinze, Sr. Product Line Marketing Manager, Cloud Management, VMware
We are excited to unveil VMware Aria, our multi-cloud management portfolio that provides a set of end-to-end solutions for managing the cost, performance, configuration, and delivery of infrastructure and cloud-native applications across any cloud. Powering VMware Aria is VMware Aria Graph, a cloud-scale data store technology that captures the complexity of our customers' multi-cloud environments, including applications, users, configurations, and associated dependencies. The powerful technology underpinning VMware Aria Graph, anchors all core management solutions, namely, VMware Aria Cost powered by CloudHealth, VMware Aria Operations, and VMware Aria Automation. In addition, it powers a set of end-to-end multi-cloud management solutions for cloud governance (VMware Aria Guardrails), cloud migration (VMware Aria Migration), and business insights (VMware Aria Business Insights) at scale, all available via the unified experience and workflows of VMware Aria Hub, (formerly known as Project Ensemble). This new multi-cloud management platform integrates across the entire VMware Aria portfolio.
Our latest innovations are purpose-built with the goal of making multi-cloud complexity invisible. Learn more about how we are doing this in each of these announcement blogs.
- VMware Aria Automation (formerly, vRealize Automation)
- VMware Aria Automation for Secure Clouds (formerly, CloudHealth Secure State)
- VMware Aria Operations (formerly, vRealize Operations)
- VMware Aria Operations for Networks (formerly, vRealize Network Insight)
- VMware Aria Operations for Logs (formerly, vRealize Log Insight)
- VMware Aria Cost powered by CloudHealth (formerly, CloudHealth)
- VMware Skyline
VMware Aria Graph provides a single source of truth that is updated in near-real time and was expressly designed for the operational challenges of cloud-native applications and environments. Key capabilities include:
- Highly Scalable – Supports Cloud-Native Environments
- Scales to hundreds of millions of nodes
- Graph data store captures relationships needed to fully understand dependencies
- Enables viewing historical configurations, critical in root cause analyses
- Event-Based Collection – Supports High Rate of Change
- Captures change events whenever they happen
- Captures full granularity
- Federated and Modular Architecture – Enables Aggregation of Data from any Source
- Plug-and-play approach allows you to layer data from third-party tools
- Aligns operational data to a single, holistic source of truth, enabling teams to make better decisions and work more efficiently.
- Unified GraphQL API – Simplifies Consumption by Both Developers and Operations Teams
- Establishes a single, dev-friendly, consistent interface to multi-cloud environments
- Precise GraphQL queries provide lightning quick and extremely efficient access to data
VMware Aria Graph (Beta)
During the troubleshooting, planning, and provisioning process, having a simplified way to view and search your applications and environment is important. Last year, we introduced the tech preview of Project Ensemble, as a way to simplify and accelerate your journey to multi-cloud by uniting the different personas in an application-centric collaborative user interface. VMware Aria Hub, announced today in Beta, provides centralized views and controls to manage the entire multi-cloud environment. What does that mean for you?
- A visual overview of applications and environments allows admins to understand the dependencies among their resources, application groupings, and a summarized state of performance, cost, and compliance. Global search provides an easy way to locate an object, irrespective of the underlying federated source.
- Centralized administration provides one place to manage applications, accounts, roles, projects, and workflows.
- End-to-end solutions reside on VMware Aria Hub and provide fully integrated workflows that have multiple tools and domains. These solutions can address typical multi-cloud challenges, such as application migration, cloud governance, and troubleshooting
VMware Aria also includes new, end-to-end solutions that address key cross-cloud use cases.
- VMware Aria Guardrails
- Automate enforcement of cloud guardrails for networking, security, cost, performance, and configuration at scale for multi-cloud environments with an everything-as-code approach
- VMware Aria Migration
- Accelerate and simplify the multi-cloud migration journey by automating assessment, planning, and execution
- VMware Aria Business Insights
- Discern relevant business insights from full-stack event correlation leveraging AI/ML analytics
VMware Aria Hub
For the infrastructure providers, cloud providers, and cloud consumers seeking to consume many clouds in a cohesive and easier way, VMware Aria is a transformational multi-cloud management portfolio. VMware Aria provides core management capabilities across configuration and delivery automation, performance management, and cost management in support of both traditional and modern environments. With VMware Aria, customers can accelerate business agility, optimize costs and performance, and strengthen control across multiple clouds.
In addition to the new releases included in VMware Aria, we are also announcing these exciting new updates across the VMware Cloud Management portfolio:
- VMware Aria Automation delivers a new integration with Tanzu Mission Control to tackle the problem of unmanageable cloud complexity by facilitating unified governance and consumption of cloud, VM, and Kubernetes-based workloads
- VMware Aria Automation for Secure Clouds adds support for cloud entitlement visibility, anomaly detection, and threat correlation for AWS
- VMware Aria Operations adds synthetic monitoring that provides application KPIs for key performance and availability metrics, the capability to deploy open-source Telegraf agents, rule-based application discovery, and more
- VMware Aria Operations for Logs will include Log Root Cause Analysis to help decrease the time to resolution, the ability to run two queries side-by-side with Log Compare, New Content Packs for Azure VMware Services and Oracle Cloud VMware Solution
- VMware Aria Operations for Networks adds a new application dashboard that helps identify applications that need attention and the ability to look further into incidents to improve application performance
- VMware Aria Cost powered by CloudHealth now delivers AI/ML-based anomaly detection, enabling users to monitor unusual or abnormal spend, by analyzing cost spend patterns and utilizing historical data aligned with industry trends
- VMware Skyline will include a streamlined VMware Aria Universal Suite (formerly, VMware vRealize Cloud Universal) experience, automated endpoint discovery, and enhanced reporting features and functionality
In addition to the innovation taking place in our solutions, VMware remains committed to investing in SaaS, making all our services available globally.