Optical Networking Assessment
What to Expect
Where do you begin? More importantly, how can you modify or update the optical network in the campus, metro or enterprise with little to no service interruptions?
WWT can help. Our Infrastructure Services Professionals have taken the complexity out of the Layer Zero Optical Transport Services by offering the Optical Networking Assessment. Our assessment will provide insight and a no-nonsense solution for your Optical Transport Network environment that your organization has never thought possible.
Why you might consider an Optical Network Assessment:
- The need to replace legacy equipment
- Increased service demands
- The addition or deletion of a site
- Network reconfiguration
- Hardware and software upgrade recommendations to address any identified End of Life (EoL) issues or concerns
- New network implementation
The Optical Networking Assessment is a delivery-focused service to review and evaluate your network elements supporting an optical transport network (SONET/SDH, OTN/DWDM, PoE/TDM/CEM, etc.). This service can include site surveys, staging reviews, configuration and integration assessments, or in-depth test and turn-up procedures needed to assess all optical network elements to ensure that the Optical Network changes and updates meet your end-goal expectations.
After your assessment, we will make the following recommendations:
- Hardware and software upgrade recommendations to address any identified (EoL) issues or concerns.
- Capacity augmentation options/recommendations.
- Network optimization.
- Additional services needed to assist with any planned Moves/Adds/Changes (MAC) activity.
- As-built documentation, inclusive of inventory, circuit lists, protection groups, security and management.
- Software release review.
Upon Completing the Optical Assessment, there will be an opportunity to continue to work with WWT subject matter experts in the planning, design and implementation phases, should you choose to proceed.
- Analyze and review state of network for service demand forecasting.
- Provide solutions for service demand redundancy and network restoration.
- Provide solutions for end-user and network security.
- Provide a methodology of network device additions or de-commissioning.
- Offer potential solutions for replacing legacy equipment with the next-generation solutions.