Army Digital Modernization Community
Owned by Rachel Gore + 3
Simplify your software license management
Cisco Smart Accounts offer a simple-to-use, centralized and organized solution to license management. Serving as a central repository, Smart Accounts give full visibility into your Cisco software assets across the United States Army. You can view, store, manage and move Cisco software assets to where they are needed, when they are needed. Smart Accounts allow organization of licenses into Virtual Accounts where Army Major and Subordinate Commands can track their software assets and grant or remove access to users with the click of a button.
When your Smart Account is combined with Smart Licensing, you get real-time, enterprise or command-wide visibility into your license utilization, providing insights to inform purchase decisions, lower operational costs and ensure compliance. This allows your operations to continue without delay or downtime and can help reduce unneeded license purchases. Comprehensively, a Cisco Smart Account gives you access to your software licenses, hardware and subscriptions.
When Smart Accounts are combined with Smart Licenses, you can:
* Gain real-time visibility into all of your Cisco software licenses, entitlements and users across your organization.
* Get centralized management to view all of your license entitlements and move licenses freely through the network as needed.
* Drive down the cost of license management with reduced overhead, better utilization management and more efficient planning.
* Organize your licenses by department, product, geography or other designation — whatever makes the most sense for your organization — with Virtual Accounts.
Keep Command / Organization owned licenses organized with Virtual Accounts
After gaining access to the United States Army Smart Account, you will have access to your Command (and as necessary sub-commands) software assets with the flexibility to create more sub-accounts (called Virtual Accounts) to organize and manage your users and licenses by sub-command, organizational department, geography or other designation — whatever makes the most sense for your organization. Licenses can be pooled within Virtual Accounts as needed. Smart Accounts have role-based user access controls, which allow the delegation of authority to account administrators at the Smart Account level or at the Virtual Account level. In addition, you can manage partner visibility and management rights to your virtual or enterprise-level accounts.
To access software licenses, customers must associate their Cisco.com account with the "Army.mil" smart account.
Customers can gain access to the correct smart account by either of the following:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide:
- Cisco.com User ID
- Army Command
- Access Requirements
- Submit request here using the "Existing Account" or "New Account" request link
To learn more about Smart Accounts, go to https://www.cisco.com/go/smartaccounts.
For more information on Smart License products and solutions, go to https://www.cisco.com/go/smartlicensing.
GEMSS Contract: # 204233836