Cisco’s Unified Computing System (UCS) is a next-generation data center platform that unites computing, network, storage access and virtualization into a cohesive system designed to reduce total cost of ownership and increase business agility.
WWT’s one-day, hands-on Cisco UCS training class will demonstrate the advanced functionality of the UCS environment and show you how you can use UCS to consolidate and centralize your server environments. Attendees will build a functional data center system using Cisco UCS components.
The training will include a complete overview of Cisco UCS hardware, architecture and performance characteristics, including an in-depth discussion of UCS integration with network and SAN design. You will also have in-depth discussions about the management of virtualized infrastructure, as well as the interrelationship, physical and logical connectivity of data center components.
- Configuration of Cisco UCS from the ground up. A completely new UCS system will be designed, set up and configured from scratch by the class.
- UCS manager familiarization
- Pools, templates and policies
- Service profile creation (boot from local disk and installation of ESX 5.x)
- Service profile creation (boot from SAN and installation of ESX 5.x)
- Service profile template creation
- Configuration of organization and role-based access within UCS