The goal of this lab is to provide users with access to a complete Cisco Virtualized Infrastructure Manager (CVIM) 3.4 reference architecture deployed as a full pod at a central or core data-center. It enables the user to validate VNF support for the following CVIM lab features -
- RHEL 7.6 with OSP 13 (Queens)
- NIC Support - Cisco VIC 1457 (10G/25G) & Intel XXV710 (25G)
- Data-plane flexibility - VPP/VLAN, SRIOV
- Enhanced Platform Awareness (EPA) - NUMA, CPU Pinning, Huge Pages, SRIOV with Intel NIC
- VM Migration - Cold Migration and Resizing, Live Migration
- Storage - Block storage with Ceph, Netapp Solidfire for Cinder
- Standardized interfaces - Provides comprehensive and well-defined RESTful APIs for transparent external integration
The CVIM full pod is optimized for capacity and high scale for the following centralized/core services or applications or use cases -
- Virtualized managed services e.g. vCPE/SD-WAN, vFW/NAT etc.
- 4G/5G mobile internet services e.g. AMF, SMF, PCF, vSAEGW-CP, vMME, vIMS, vPCRF, vGi-LAN etc.
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) e.g. video content source