Red Hat OpenShift is a leading hybrid cloud, enterprise Kubernetes application platform, trusted by 1000+ organizations. OpenShift's top features include:
- Ships with Red Hat®Enterprise Linux® CoreOS for the Kubernetes master, and supports Red Hat Enterprise Linux for worker nodes. Red Hat OpenShift supports standard Docker and CRI-O runtimes.
- Includes hundreds of fixes to defect, security, and performance issues for upstream Kubernetes in every release. It is tested with dozens of technologies and is a robust tightly-integrated platform supported over a 9-year lifecycle.
- Includes software-defined networking and validates additional common networking solutions. Red Hat OpenShift also validates numerous storage and third-party plug-ins for every release.
- Ships with an integrated, private container registry (installed as part of the Kubernetes cluster or as standalone for greater flexibility). Teams with greater requirements can also use Red Hat Quay.
- Red Hat OpenShift includes streamlined workflows to help teams get to production faster, including built-in Jenkins pipelines and our source-to-image technology to go straight from application code to container. It is also extensible to new frameworks like Istio and Knative.