Lifelong Learning Through Cisco Education
To maintain readiness in a fast-moving and technologically dynamic world, Soldiers, Army Civilians and contractors must be lifelong learners: committed to “learn, grow and achieve technically and tactically throughout their career, wherever they serve,” as the Army says.
The Global Enterprise Modernization Software and Services (GEMSS) program contributes to this perpetual training and development with access to a variety of training programs:
Cisco Networking Academy
Cisco Networking Academy is a comprehensive e-learning program providing web-based content, online assessment, student performance tracking, instructor training and support, and preparation for industry-standard certifications.
Under GEMSS, Soldiers, Army Veterans, Army Civilians and Army Contractors can gain foundational networking and cybersecurity skills through this program. NetAcad is especially recommended for:
- Soldiers with any MOS that are reclassifying to Signal or Cyber MOS'
- Soldiers with MOS series 17, 25, or 35
- Soldiers in any MOS seeking to develop IT or Cyber skills
- Any Army Civilian or contractor seeking to develop IT or Cyber skills
Cisco Digital Learning (CDL)
CDL provides Intermediate and Advanced training for Army personnel with at least 3-5 years of experience. It includes five comprehensive technology libraries:
- Data Center
CDL Technical Knowledge Library (TKL), a collection of best practices, design guides and webinars on current topics, encompasses Cisco’s complete online technical training catalog, including hands-on labs, assessments, and analytics.
CDL is recommended for:
- Any Soldier, Army Civilian or Army Contractor seeking to meet DoD 8570.01 Certification Requirements (at any IAT/IAM Level) to perform mission-critical tasks. These include:
- CCNA Security
- CCNP Security Specialization
- CCNA Cyber Ops
- Army Civilian Career Series 2210 (Information Technology Management) 71 (Cyber), or 0132 (Intelligence)
- Army Warrant Officers designated 255X (Signal) or 170X (Cyber)
- Army Officers in Functional Area 26X or 17X (Cyber Officer)
- Army Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) in career fields 25 (Signal), 17 (Cyber) or 18E (SOF)
Note: The number of CDL licenses across the Army is limited and applications are subject to command approval and mission requirements.
Modified September 15, 2021