26 Of Glassdoor's Top CEOs For 2018 Are From Tech
Tech leaders dominate the Glassdoor Top CEOs in 2018, with 26 on the list this year, twice as much as any other industry.
Posted by Forbes on June 23, 2018:
- Tech leaders dominate the Glassdoor Top CEOs in 2018, with 26 on the list this year, the most of any industry by 2X.
- Zoom Video Communications’ CEO Eric S. Yuan is the most highly rated CEO on Glassdoor, taking 1st place with a 99% CEO approval rating.
- The five highest-rated CEOs in tech include Zoom Video Communications’ Eric S. Yuan, DocuSign’s Daniel Springer, LinkedIn’s Jeff Weiner, Salesforce’s Marc Benioff, and World Wide Technology’s Jim Kavanaugh.
- Only 3 Tech CEOs have made the list six years in a row including Salesforce’s Marc Benioff (97% CEO approval rating), Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg (96% CEO approval rating) and Apple’s Tim Cook (91% CEO approval rating).
- The tech CEO with the largest decrease is Apple CEO Tim Cook, dropping from 53rd in 2017 to 96th place in 2018.
These and many other interesting findings are from Glassdoor’s 6th Annual Employees’ Choice Awards, honoring the Top CEOs in 2018. You can find a list of the top CEOs here on Glassdoor. To qualify for the U.S. large companies list, current CEOs had to receive at least 100 CEO approval ratings and 100 senior management ratings between May 2, 2017, and May 1, 2018.
The Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awards for the top CEOs are based on anonymously submitted company reviews. Every review prompts employees to rate their employers on several factors that reflect on their employment experience, opinion and sentiment of their CEO’s job performance, in addition to rating workplace attributes including senior management performance. Glassdoor reviews provide the option of choosing between approval, disapproval or no opinion of the CEO. Glassdoor relies on a proprietary award algorithm to evaluate each CEO approval rating based on the quantity, quality, and consistency of reviews during the eligibility time frame.
Glassdoor is the 2ndmost popular job site professionals rely on in the U.S., attracting approximately 59 million job seekers a month. There are nearly 40 million reviews and insights for more than 770,000 companies on the site today.