Bruce Clounie joined World Wide Technology as the discipline lead for data center networking in December of 2013. Throughout his 37-year career, Bruce has served in many technical roles within the data center for companies such as IBM, 3Com, Cisco and NetApp. Bruce has broad experience with ACI, Nexus, vSphere, NSX, storage and converged infrastructure. During his tenure at Cisco and NetApp, he architected data center network and converged infrastructure solutions.
Bruce lives with his wife and two sons in Raleigh, NC. He enjoys running, swimming and sailing.
Q&A with Bruce Clounie
- Tell us about your background and how you got into technology.
- I started my career in technology repairing mainframe computers. This led to my involvement in networking as it evolved from Ethernet to current day ACI and NSX technologies.
- What is your role at WWT?
- I serve as the team lead for data center networking.
- What innovation is happening in networking that has you really excited?
- I’m excited about network automation that provides business flexibility for customers.
- Describe a recent interaction with a customer that led to solving a problem.
- A customer in the financial industry was looking to architect their new data center such that they would have seamless connectivity between two data halls. We were able to describe and provide an Ethernet VPN (EVPN) solution for that data center to create seamless connectivity.