Tony Berg has more than two decades of consulting experience and is currently focused on helping Fortune 1000 clients enhance their business value and increase their competitive advantage. Tony focuses on digital strategies and technology driven innovation at the intersection of business and technology, covering enterprise architecture, IT strategy and digital/IT transformation.
Prior to Tony’s current Chief Technology Advisor role, he was the VP of sales engineering and architecture for the commercial central region and director of WWT’s Data Center Practice.
Q&A with Tony Berg
- Tell us about your background and how you got into technology.
- Prior to joining WWT in 2008, I held various leadership, sales and sales engineering roles at Alexander Open Systems (AOS), NetStandard and Xspedius Communications. My last position with AOS was as President/COO. In this role, I was responsible for the overall vision, development and execution of sales involving data center, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies. I also have numerous technical certifications and a Master’s and Bachelor’s degree from the University of Missouri – Kansas City and an MBA from Baker University.
- What is your role at WWT?
- As VP, Chief Technology Advisor, I’m responsible for a team of highly consultative and knowledgeable executive level technology advisors. Our teams main goal is to help drive digital transformation initiatives for our clients from idea to outcome.
- Describe a recent interaction with a customer that led to solving a problem.
- Since starting with WWT, I have been fortunate to meet with many of our customers/partners, while experiencing the growth, changes and expansion of WWT’s value proposition (i.e. the ATC, Integration Centers, Application Services, big data, etc.). Watching us evolve from being a fulfillment partner to a strategic trusted advisor solving our customers’ business challenges, has been a very rewarding experience.