Onsite and remote training options to accommodate the needs of your team
Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) for the data center is a hardware-based, software-driven approach to centralized automation and policy-driven networking. ACI delivers software flexibility with the scalability of hardware performance. Learn how to use the policy based model of ACI to simplify and automate network provisioning tasks.
What you will learn
Experience the advanced functionality of ACI and learn how to utilize ACI to affect policy- based provisioning for your data center networks. Practice using the ACI graphical user interface to configure an ACI fabric to deploy a basic application profile, and to configure both bridged and routed connections into the fabric.
A complete overview of Cisco ACI Policy constructs and Nexus 9000 hardware and architecture, including an in-depth discussion about ACI integration with existing network architecture.
Review of network-centric and application-centric approaches and how they can work together to provide greater value.
- Step through the initialization of an ACI Fabric (from racked to ready to con gure)
- Complete the ACI Fabric registration process
- Tour through the APIC Graphical User Interface
- Integrate VMware vSphere with the ACI Fabric
- Create your own ACI tenant on the fabric using network policy constructs
- Allow application communication using policies, filters and contracts
- Deploy a 3-Tier Application Profile into your ACI tenant
- Integrate ACI with an external L2 network 9.
- Integrate ACI with an external L3 network
- Network or Data Center Professionals
- System Engineers
- Security Architects
- IT Decision Makers
Length of class
The class is delivered over two days:
- Day 1: 9am – 5pm
- Day 2: 9am – 12pm (often followed by an ACI design discussion)
*held onsite or remote
- Experience advanced functionality of Cisco ACI
- Simplified automation by an application-driven policy model
- Explore the WWT journey to network modernization
- Accelerate delivery of new application services
- Scalable performance and multi-tenancy in hardware
Attendees should have a basic understanding of:
- Routing & Switching Technologies
- Virtualization Fundamentals
- Access Control Lists and Filtering