Learn how Horizon can help you achieve your end-user compute goals while improving security postures
VMware Horizon is the most modern purpose-built platform to provide secure virtual desktops and applications to users from any location and any device. VMware Horizon is designed to deliver simplicity, security, speed and scale beyond what a traditional Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) offers. VMware Horizon allows IT to deliver virtual desktops and apps including RDS hosted apps, packaged apps, SaaS apps, and even virtualized apps from competitors, all of which can be accessed from one digital workspace to provide end users with all the resources they want, at the speed they expect, with the efficiency that the business demands. Improve the security posture across all users and scenarios using policies that deliver real-time policy-based systems that provide contextual wide range control anywhere, anytime and on any device.
Our Horizon Workshop is a four- to eight-hour event focused on exploring what Horizon 7 is and how it can help an organization achieve their end-user productivity goals. WWT experts will work with you to determine the business and technology needs for your organization and users and help determine how Horizon 7 can speed processes, reduce costs and increase productivity. We’ll advise on how to architect for success, simplify the implementation, and manage a successful IT and user adoption.
Many organizations either have an existing VDI deployment or are evaluating implementing one to improve security, reduce costs and increase efficiency. However, many projects have stalled and not reached the expected benefits due to low user adoption, IT integration constraints and a rapidly changing market. This workshop gives your organization the chance to review your VDI goals and computing requirements with WWT’s virtualization experts and learn from their experience. Using lessons learned from current and past projects, WWT Advanced Technology Center (ATC) labs and vendor relationships, WWT can help speed up the process to get to a successful deployment. At the end of a WWT Horizon workshop, your organization will have a better understanding of the solution and deployment options, as well as the next steps for addressing technical challenges and key business objectives.
Topics covered include:
- VMware Horizon 7 Architecture and deployment considerations
- VMware’s Just-in-Time Delivery (JMP) with Instant Clone technology to create and manage virtual machines
- Application delivery and virtualization with VMware AppVolumes, ThinApp and RDSH
- Management of applications, users, and policy with VMware User Environment Manager
- Compute option and best practices
- Virtual storage with VMware Virtual SAN (vSAN)
- End User Experience monitoring using VMware’s vRealize Operations Manager for Horizon
- Blast Extreme protocol and end-user device options
- Security best practices and considerations
- SSO using VMware’s Identity Manager
- Training and adoption Services