How to protect controlled unclassified information
WWT offers a comprehensive assessment that provides a formal approach to determining how well an organization is aligned to compliance as defined by the federal standard Protecting Controlled Unclassified Information in Nonfederal Information Systems and Organizations (NIST 800-171). With a deadline of December 31, 2017, rapidly approaching, organizations need to align compliance activities to address potential gaps in a rapid and efficient manner. The WWT assessment team identifies NIST requirements that pertain to the business; analyzes current operations supporting the standard; and provides a report of sufficiency of current efforts and recommendations for NIST alignment. The report audience includes executives, business unit owners and operational managers.
Assessment objectives include:
- An evaluation of NIST 800-171 compliance requirements per the tailoring criteria provided in the standard
- An assessment of implemented technologies and operational processes as they pertain to the NIST 800-171 standard
- Determination if potential gaps exist between NIST requirements and operational processes and technologies within the organization
- A summary of the overall maturity level of NIST 800-171 compliance alignment
- If compliance gaps exist, detailed recommendations are provided for remediation and alignment to the NIST 800-171 controls
The approach used for this assessment, which includes a clearly defined methodology and set of deliverables, provides a standardized and repeatable framework for periodic reassessment of compliance progress and program maturity. Recommendations are created according to business needs and resource availability, leveraging current technologies and program management capabilities within the business environment to achieve compliance.
The WWT NIST 800-171 Compliance Assessment allows our customers to gain a comprehensive understanding of their compliance requirements and potential gaps between current operations and the NIST standard. Our team aligns potential control gap recommendations to the needs and capabilities within our customers’ business environments. This allows a simplified and clear path to achieving compliance in the shortest time possible.