NetApp Ansible Automation Training
To keep up with the growing speed of business demands, there’s a pressing need to make programmability and automation an inherent part of operational IT processes. WWT offers four different hands-on Ansible Automation Training sessions where experts demonstrate how to get started using centralized automation tools to manage and deploy configurations. Training involves WWT engineers leading design sessions to help you map out potential automatable workflows and form roadmaps for accelerating the application and adoption of automation.
In addition to OEM-specific automation training, all WWT Ansible Automation Training sessions cover basic topics like:
- What is Ansible and how does it work?
- How to create basic playbooks in Ansible around different platforms
- How to expose automation as a template within Ansible
- How to design templates for simplified deployment of devices and services
- How to create self-service offerings through Ansible Tower and ServiceNow
This hands-on training session provides an overview of Ansible and Ansible Tower with the goal of understanding how they work together to simplify automation for NetApp storage solutions. Technologies include NetApp ONTAP and SolidFire virtual storage appliances, ESXi and vCenter, OpenShift, GitLab, and Infoblox. Sample integrations include storage provisioning, host-side configuration to access presented storage, IP allocation/DNS reservations, and deployment of an application using an Ansible workflow. This session walks through automating the following tasks:
- NetApp ONTAP and NetApp SolidFire configuration
- Provisioning block and file storage to VMware and Linux
- Orchestrating storage provisioning tasks into an application deployment workflow
- Persistent volume orchestration with NetApp Trident
- Whiteboard session to map out workflows