The purpose of this lab is to highlight why LTE is now a highly attractive technology for private wireless networks across a wide range of enterprise verticals. Users will be able to access the private LTE network deployed in WWT's ATC and gain insight to the various components of the network solution.
In general, private LTE networks are designed with machine communications as the primary user in mind. However, one of the strengths of LTE is a multi-service capability that supports multiple use cases all on a common infrastructure.
Examples of use cases for private LTE networks include:
Automation & Industry 4.0:
- Factory-floor robotics e.g. wireless robotics
- Logistics and Warehousing e.g. pick-and-pack machines
- Monitor and control critical infrastructure e.g. electricity distribution grids, power plants etc
- Public safety agencies often need closed user group ad hoc networks at emergency scenes (e.g. FirstNet)
- Government and miltary agencies want dedicated, highly available networks at their facilities
- Public venues e.g. airports, stadiums, hospitals, ports have many users with requirements for fast, highly secure access.