This policy describes how we collect, use and share personal information.
Types Of Personal Information We Collect
The following provides some examples of the type of information that we collect and the purposes for which we use that information.
In addition to the personal information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates or publicly available sources.
How We Use And Process Your Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, we use your personal information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites or use one of our mobile apps.
- To perform our obligations under a contract.
- To provide the products and services you request.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to your inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationship with you.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations, we have more than one purpose. For example, if you complete an online purchase we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information because we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your order. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
How We Share Your Personal Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose personal information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and acquisitions. We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or anticipates acquiring, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share your personal information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other disclosures with your consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other disclosures without your consent. We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your personal information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
- Service providers. We may share your personal information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, administer employee payroll and benefits or assist us with other tasks necessary to perform our contract of employment, and provide technical support.
- Suppliers. We may share your personal information with our suppliers.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
Changes to your personal information
We rely on you to update and correct your personal information (e.g., through your account settings). Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. All requests to correct your personal information must be directed to the contact in the "How you may contact us regarding your personal information" section below.
Deletion of your personal information
Typically, we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. Any biometric or similar information we collect, if any, will be deleted no later than the first anniversary of the date the purpose for collecting the identifier expires unless a different period is required by law. Some users may have the right to request that we delete their personal information. All deletion requests must be directed to the contact in the "How you may contact us regarding your personal information" section below. We may also decide to delete your information if we believe that the information is incomplete, inaccurate, or that our continued use and storage are contrary to our obligations to other individuals or third parties. When we delete personal information, it will be removed from our active database, but it may remain in archives where it is not practical or possible to delete it. You should note, in certain situations, and to the extent permitted by law, we may keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce any of our agreements, and/or for another one of our business purposes.
Revocation of consent or objections
You may revoke consent to processing (where our processing is based upon consent), or object to our processing (where our processing is not based upon your consent) by contacting us at the address described in the "How you may contact us regarding your personal information" section below. If you revoke your consent / object, we may no longer be able to provide you services.
Access to your personal information
If required by law, upon request, we will grant reasonable access to the personal information, that we hold about a user, including, in some cases providing a copy of such information. All access requests must be directed to the contact in the "How you may contact us regarding your personal information" section below.
We do not recognize the "Do Not Track" signal.
Please note, in some cases we may limit or deny a request to exercise any of the foregoing choices if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create an account. When you create an account you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
How You May Contact Us Regarding Personal Information
If you would like to make a request to exercise your applicable privacy rights described in the "Your choices" section above, or if you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices, please use either the "Complete Privacy Request Form" below, or the phone number if you are in the United States. We will attempt to respond to all requests or refer you to the appropriate party. If you are not satisfied with our response, and are in the European Union, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority. If you are in the United States, and you are not satisfied with our response, you may have a right to appeal our decision. To appeal our decision, you may contact us using the contact information below and including "Appeal" in the subject of the message.
World Wide Technology, LLC
1 World Wide Way
Attn: Privacy Department
St. Louis, Missouri 63146
In the United States, you can also call 1-800-432-7008 and ask for the Privacy Department.
Designation of an authorized agent. In certain circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit a request to access or delete your personal information on your behalf. If you choose to use an authorized agent to submit a request, you must provide the authorized agent with signed permission to do so. We will also ask you to verify your own identity directly with us.
Information for authorized agents: If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual, you must attach a copy of a completed Authorized Agent Designation Form signed by the individual indicating that you have permission to submit the request on his or her behalf. If we do not receive all required information, we may deny the request.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission of personal information to other countries. Your personal information may be processed in jurisdictions, like the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in such jurisdictions. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information by either:
- Contracting with the receiving company with clauses approved by the European Union authorities as providing adequate protection or through the use of Binding Corporate Rules;
- Sharing the data with companies in countries considered by the European Commission as having suitably high standards of data protection legislation; or Entering into Standard Contractual Clauses.
If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information above.
- Third party applications/websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
Additional information for California residents.
California law indicates that organizations should disclose whether certain categories of information (including "sensitive" categories of information) are collected, transferred for valuable consideration (i.e., "sold"), disclosed for targeted advertising purposes (i.e., "shared"), or disclosed for an organization's "business purpose" as those terms are defined under California law. You can find a list of the categories of information that we collect and how we share such information here. Please note that because this list is comprehensive it may refer to types of information that we share about people other than yourself. We do not discriminate against California consumers who exercise any of their rights described in this policy.
California Information Collection and Sharing Disclosure
The following describes the categories of personal information we collect, transfer for consideration, or disclose for a "business purpose" as those terms are defined under California law (or were collected or disclosed in the past 12 months). Note that while a category may be listed, that does not necessarily mean that we have personal information in that category about you. For example, while we disclose bank account numbers for our business purpose in paying our employees (e.g., direct deposit), we do not collect or transfer bank account numbers of individuals that submit questions on our website's "contact us" page. Note, we do not sell personal information.
Categories of personal information we collect:
Sensitive Information Disclosure
The below describes the categories of sensitive personal information we collect and why. Note that we do not "sell" sensitive personal information for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising.
Last Revised: 1 December 2022