Leading WWT’s business development efforts in Asia Pacific, Chris Canale provides strategy and consulting services to field sales teams focused on acquiring new business and growing existing relationships.
Chris is also responsible for building WWT’s brand across the region through marketing and PR efforts, as well as developing and managing key strategic partner relationships in the region.
Chris has served in various IT and business consulting roles in the past 17 years, including Consultant, Program Manager and most recently, Director of Business Development. He relocated to Singapore in 2016 after spending his entire WWT career at the corporate headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri.
Q&A with Chris Canale
- Tell us about your background and how you got into technology.
- I got into technology by joining WWT in 2004 as a Project Manager in our internal IT organization supporting supply chain programs. I then spent a couple of years in our professional services organization as a program/business manager before moving to business development in 2012.
- What is your role at WWT?
- My team and I support our field sales organization’s business activities outside the U.S., specifically focusing on positioning our supply chain and professional service capabilities within our global account base.
- What innovation is happening in supply chain that has you really excited?
- Within our integration technology centers, WWT is consistently helping our customers evaluate the delivery of technology products and solutions globally. Our integration technology centers were designed for maximum flexibility to meet our customers consumption patterns and engineering activities. The result for our customers is a 30 percent or more reduction in implementation cost through labor optimization and build consistency.
- Describe a recent interaction with a customer that led to solving a problem.
- Many of our customers are challenged with a consistent technology deployment model across their global locations. By positioning our regional integration technology centers, strong OEM partnerships and global account management approach, we are able to deliver pre-configured equipment to the right place, at the right time and at the right price. Our approach reduces risk, cost and complexity for our customers.