Kelly Ryan is a solutions architect focusing on data center technologies in the virtualization space. He has been with WWT for nearly five years and has been delivering data center technologies and ancillary supporting applications for VDI solutions for the past 10 years.
Q&A with Kelly Ryan
- Tell us about your background and how you got into technology.
- I started to gain an interest in IT during the Windows NT 3.5 days and gained an insatiable appetite for technology after paying DOOM via an NT 4.0 network at a friend’s house. From there I continued to learn and educate myself around cool stuff relative to anything IT.
- What is your role at your organization?
- I currently serve as a solutions architect under Jason Diestelkamp’s team providing practice enablement dedicated to our teams in the West.
- What innovation is happening that has you really excited?
- There are so many to name, but a few OEM’s and solutions that have me really excited are Cisco’s Hyperflex, Nutanix, anything hyper-converged and application layering that is presented to XenApp.
- Describe a recent interaction with a customer that led to solving a problem.
- I recently created an Internet Explorer 8 ThinApp for a customer that had an application that could only interface with IE8.