Carbon Black App Control is used to lock down servers and critical systems, prevent unwanted changes and ensure continuous compliance with regulatory mandates. Leveraging cloud reputation services, IT-based trust policies and multiple sources of threat intelligence from the VMware Carbon Black Cloud , Carbon Black App Control ensures that only trusted and approved software is allowed to execute on an organization’s critical systems and endpoints.
Carbon Black App Control combines application control, file integrity monitoring, full- featured device control and memory/tamper protection into a single agent. Carbon Black App Control watches for behavioral indicators of malicious activity and conducts continuous recording of attack details to provide rich visibility into everything suspicious that attackers attempt to do. With the addition of the File Delete feature, Carbon Black App Control is now a direct control for requirement 5 of PCI DSS, enabling customers to remove traditional antivirus without the need for undergoing the compensating control process.
- Stop malware, ransomware and next-gen attacks
- Eliminate unplanned downtime of critical systems
- Consolidate endpoint agents
- Prevent unwanted change to system configuration
- Meet IT risk and audit controls across major regulatory mandates
- Increase efficiency of IT resources with streamlined IT audit processes
- Protect legacy systems running on unsupported operating systems
- App Control is now a direct control for requirement 5 of PCI DSS