Empower Employees With the Right Workspace Solutions to Support the New Logic of Work
In this article
This content was created and contributed by Logitech.
These two elements are at the core of the innovative workspace solutions Logitech has been designing for over 35 years.
But one size doesn't fit all when it comes to desk space solutions, everyone works a little differently. Users connect to different operating systems, use different desktop and UC applications, and complete a diverse set of daily tasks. Logitech's vast product portfolio is designed to meet these challenges, and allows decision makers to select the right tools for the right teams to support individual workflows.
To support business continuity, IT departments are now twice as likely to issue a laptop over a desktop as standard equipment and the trend shows no signs of slowing. (*1) The simple act of issuing an external mouse, keyboard, or a headset along with a laptop can not only turbocharge employee productivity, it can also help improve worker comfort, health and overall satisfaction. Did you know, using a mouse vs a trackpad alone will:
- Increase a user's productivity by 50%
- Allow users to complete tasks 30% faster
- Provide a more ergonomic experience, reducing muscle activity by 25% (see footnote *2)
When external mice are issued along with laptops, workers are not only vastly more efficient, they are also more likely to avoid poor ergonomic setups which can lead to fatigue and discomfort. (*3) Using a built-in trackpad requires additional activation of the muscles in the neck and shoulder areas compared to the effort required to use an external mouse. These conclusions arose from a study conducted in the Logi Ergo Lab.
Often, workers aren't outfitted with the equipment necessary to create an ergonomic setup while using a laptop. The practical impact of this carries real-life consequences and mobile working has only made the problem more acute, especially among those new to the practice. A recent survey revealed that 50% of employees new to working from home are experiencing pain and discomfort in the neck compared to only 16% when previously working in an office. 31% reported pain and discomfort in the shoulder during WFH but only 17% reported the same for in-office work. The culprit is often a non-ergonomic workspace which can negatively impact productivity. (*4)
Did you know . . . heavy computer users in a DAY will:
- Hit 11,000 keystrokes
- Click their mouse 4,000 times
- In a YEAR, users will move their mouse a total distance of 27 km (*5)
That's like putting on a pair of flip flops to run a half marathon!
Having the right tools to perform daily tasks whatever the job may be is imperative for personal wellness. Issuing certified ergonomic devices like the Lift for Business mouse and the K860 for Business keyboard supports a more natural posture. It can also help reduce muscular strain, fatigue, and discomfort leading to a greater sense of wellness for the employee while reducing health claims for the employer. Employees already working with ergonomic solutions say they are happy and 90% would never return to a conventional tool again (*6)
For employees working from home, solutions that simplify personal workspaces and improve the hybrid experience can help remote workers feel more productive.
Professional webcams like Brio and new Brio 505 keep dispersed teams connected and collaborating from anywhere, offering high-quality audio and video that ensure employees look and sound their best. With Show Mode, meeting participants can include physical items in video calls by tilting the camera down to show sketches, work in progress, or other objects on their desktops. While Logitech Zone headsets and Earbuds including new Zone Vibe Wireless feature noise-reducing mics that elevate voices and help reduce background distractions.
Logitech solutions enable you to turn any work area into an instant collaboration space, with devices that work seamlessly with leading video conferencing services. And with Logi Dock to simplify home office setup, remote workers can feel more productive with an all-in-one docking station that reduces desktop clutter and connects everything in one tidy unit.
In fact, the more optimized a workspace is, the more productivity improves! Logitech delivers when it comes to optimization, here's how...
- Logitech keyboards and mice feature Easy-Switch, by far one of the coolest features. Users with an Easy-Switch enabled keyboard or mouse can connect to multiple devices such as a PC, tablet or mobile device with a switch of a button.
- Logitech is well known for its award-winning hardware, but the secret sauce comes from its powerful software like Logi Options+, Logi Tune, Logitech Sync taking your hardware to the next level.
- Logitech webcams like Brio 505 are packed with innovative technology such as RightSight 4 auto-framing that keeps the camera centered, so employees can stand, move, and stretch their legs during meetings without leaving the frame.
- Advanced solutions like Logi Dock deliver a unique user experience. With an integrated speakerphone and one-touch meeting controls built into a device compatible with leading video conferencing platforms.
Logitech's suite of purposefully designed desktop solutions are reliable, will suit any budget, and just work. That's why thousands of organizations globally have chosen Logitech as their trusted brand.
1. Source: Logitech proprietary ITDM research, 2020
2. Based on throughput computation in bits/second combining speed and accuracy averaged for all devices participating in the study. Logitech Ergonomic Lab study with 23 participants (Oct 2019) with four Logitech standard mice and two standard embedded trackpads.
3. Logitech proprietary scientific study titled "Understanding How Mice and Touchpads Affect Posture and Muscle Activity During Laptop Computer Use," 2020.
4. Logitech July 2020 survey of 804 IT and business decision makers in organizations with 1,000+ employees (U.S.) and 500+ employees (Germany and China).
5. Wellnomics for Logitech, 2019
6. Logitech proprietary research among USA enterprise IT decision makers and end users, 2019
To learn more visit https://www.logitech.com/en-us/business.html