Cloud Migration Readiness Assessment
What to Expect
Our cloud experts will work with you to assess and evaluate your migration readiness by delving into questions across six adoption framework perspectives: business, people, governance, platform, security and operations. This exercise will help ensure you have a holistic view of the related transformation initiatives that may be required for successful cloud migration.
A migration readiness assessment generally consists of four steps:
- WWT schedules a 4-5 hour readiness assessment kickoff meeting (with required attendance by all key stakeholders).
- Our team facilitates discussion using an aligned set of questions from our Cloud Adoption Framework to guide the conversation. This is a great opportunity to build consensus regarding the current readiness state, establish a plan forward, and identify any risks.
- Our team then analyzes the gathered information and documented observations to advise on the optimal migration plan.
- Once our analysis is complete, we will schedule and conduct a debrief with your team (this can be accomplished in as little as an hour).
Goals & Objectives
A Cloud Migration Readiness Assessment helps organizations properly prepare for the complexity of migration initiatives.
Deliverable: After the assessment, a final report will be delivered that includes detailed answers to all questions and issues discussed during the main assessment session, plus a summary of our expert observations, recommended next steps and a statement of work (SoW) that details how WWT can help you resolve any identified gaps or challenges.
Participants can expect three main outcomes from a migration readiness assessment:
- Understand where their organization is in its cloud journey
- Identify areas of strength and weakness from a cloud-readiness perspective
- Develop an action plan to resolve identified gaps (so the migration can scale without needing to pause to solve foundational issues)
Related outcomes often include:
- Alignment and consensus building within the team
- Identification of best practices within the organization that can be leveraged and scaled
- A reduction in roadblocks that can disrupt migration progress