Smart Initiative Readiness
Successful Smart initiatives start with understanding your constituency's needs and leveraging your available and potential assets to meet them. Communities need to address their current challenges and position themselves to build upon these investments in the future. WWT offers two initial Smart-related services to ensure the long-lasting value and success of your city or region's Smart investments.
Service Offering 1: In-depth Contextual Inquiry
WWT's user experience experts conduct Contextual Inquiries to understand how your constituents and businesses interact with and benefit from various facets of public services that Smart technologies can enhance. Key questions include:
- What makes constituents want to live, work and raise their families in your areas?
- What incentivizes businesses to invest in your area?
- How easy is access to social services like public transit, healthcare, and police?
- What drives migration patterns in your area?
- How do constituents find out about civic, cultural and educational events?
Careful analysis of your specific situation enables WWT to suggest potential Smart initiatives or confirm the applicability of your in-progress initiatives.
Service Offering 2: Implementation Readiness Assessment
Having served as a trusted Smart Technologies advisor for a wide range of clients from rural agriculture communities and bustling metropolises to Fortune 50 organizations, WWT understands that Smart initiatives are complex programs that involve multiple success criteria:
- Understanding how to leverage your current infrastructure to meet your goals
- Pinpointing new infrastructure needs
- Completing comprehensive research of the technology landscape for solutions
- Determining your risk and spend tolerances
- Identifying and winning buy-in from stakeholders and leaders
- Gauging the public's priorities for the services they value
- Interpreting trends across various industries in the business community
WWT works closely with you and private partners to consider what's important to your community - from digital literacy, digitized government services, connected transportation systems and broadband deployment initiatives – to ensure that services are available and accessible to all who need them.
Using the data from these services and anticipating factors such as implementation complexity along with impact and value to constituents and the region overall, WWT assists you in defining the strategy, budget, resources and milestone schedule for your Smart program and/or each Smart initiative.
WWT utilizes these strategy and supporting documents to create an actionable path forward that produces immediate results as well as short-term and long-term transformational outcomes that benefit your city, county and region.
Contact your local WWT Client Services Manager or our Strategy Advisors to inquire about how these customized tools can secure the success of your Smart initiative.
Validating the Business Case for Private Cellular (LTE & 5G) for Electric, Gas and Water Utilities
Prominent Cities Tapping Big Data