This lab allows customers to experience Pure Cloud Block Store. In addition to gaining an understanding of CBS customers can use WWT's IO-Gen tool developed in Ansible to provision EC2 hosts, attach iSCSI storage to those hosts and run synthetic benchmarks on the CBS platform.
Goals & Objectives
Hardware & Software
Small CBS deployment consists of:
- Purity Software on AWS Resources
- 2 X EC2 Controller Instances - c5n.9xlarge
- 7 X EC2 Virtual Drive Instances - i3.2xlarge (1.9TB of instance Store Each)
- 7 x EBS io1 Volumes 18 GB 900 IOPS each
- 15 X network interfaces
- 3 X Security Groups
- IAM role for Service Catalog
Users will have the option of spinning up EC2 workers and generating workloads against Small CBS deployment.