New Building Expands WWT’s St. Louis Operations; State-of-the-Art Facility Utilizes the Latest Collaboration and Green Technologies
ST. LOUIS (May 23, 2013) – World Wide Technology, Inc. (WWT), a market-leading systems integrator that provides innovative technology and supply chain solutions, announced today it has opened a remarkable new Headquarters building at its campus in St. Louis. The two-story, 57,200 square foot building, which was constructed with LEED and environmental building practices, will accommodate WWT’s rapid growth, enable greater collaboration and innovation, and support its global customer base.
“WWT’s continuing success and growth has driven this expansion and the new facility is a natural extension of our well-established commitment to transformative technologies,” said Jim Kavanaugh, chief executive officer of WWT. “We are excited about the addition of WWT’s new headquarters to our growing global footprint, its potential to expand our capabilities, and the fact that we were able to reduce the environmental impact of new construction while expanding our enterprise.”
WWT’s new Headquarters is a state-of-the-art digitally enabled facility, designed to foster collaboration and interactivity among WWT employees, customers and partners. The building provides remote and local WWT teams the tools and facilities to share data, interact with content and work collaboratively to solve problems and make better, more informed business decisions. The building features:
- Ten video-enabled rooms, including three with SMART boards
- Cisco TelePresence® high definition conferencing
- An open office layout that features collaboration areas, huddle rooms, working cafes and conference rooms
- 150-seat auditorium with the latest in audio and video technology
- Digital signage to effectively and efficiently communicate with employees and guests
- State-of-the-Art Executive Briefing Center to host customers and partners
Reinforcing World Wide’s commitment to a connected workplace and sustainability, the new Headquarters building combines intelligent building structures and efficient energy consumption. Some of WWT’s green initiatives include:
- LEED environmental and sustainable construction best practices
- LED lighting and a white TPO plastic roofing that reflects the sun’s heat
- Shading strategies and porous asphalt paving that absorbs rain runoff
- Cisco TelePresence to reduce global travel and CO2 emissions
- Motion based sensors for energy efficient lighting control
- Low-emitting adhesives, sealants and low-VOC paints were used to maintain healthy air quality
- Efficient plumbing fixtures and bio-retention basins to improve water quality
- Recycled building materials and Energy Star rated appliances
With help from local, county and state economic development programs along with M+H Architects, O’Toole Design, Legacy Building Group and Keeley Construction, WWT’s new Headquarters building went from idea to opening in less than two years.
“World Wide Technology is one of our great homegrown success stories and an incredible company which plays a huge role in our local economy,” said St. Louis County Executive Charlie A. Dooley. “We were pleased to work on this project as I believe getting resources to entrepreneurs is the right way to drive innovation, help create jobs and make a difference in our community.”
The address for WWT’s new Headquarters building is 701 Fee Fee Road, Maryland Heights, Missouri, 63043.
World Wide Technology, Inc. (WWT) is a $5 billion systems integrator that provides innovative technology and supply chain solutions to the commercial, government and telecom sectors. The company brings to market a powerful blend of knowledge, infrastructure and technology to help its customers evaluate, architect and implement technology products and solutions. Based in St. Louis, WWT works closely with industry leaders including Boeing (NYSE: BA); Dell (NASDAQ: DELL); Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO); EMC (NYSE: EMC); HP (NYSE: HPQ); AT&T Inc., (NYSE: ATT); VMware (NYSE: VMW); Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CTXS); NetApp, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTAP); Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) and the U.S. Air Force. WWT employs over 2,200 people and operates more than 2 million square-feet of warehousing, distribution and integration space in more than 20 facilities throughout the world. For more information on World Wide Technology, visit www.wwt.com.