Azure Automation with Python and Terraform
This demonstration will show how easy it is to utilize the Azure Application Programming Interface (API) and automation features. The demonstration features a customized Python Command Line Interface (CLI) for deploying cloud infrastructure using Terraform and the underlying mechanism for provisioning the Azure cloud.
- Provision Azure with Virtual Networks, Subnets, Route Tables, Public Azure Load-balancers & Network Security.
- Instantiate Web Apps with Dot Net framework and Slots for Test, Dev and Staging.
- With this automated deployment you will see complex systems provisioned and made ready for operational management such as Azure Virtual Network Gateways and Virtual Machines that run F5 Web Application Firewall (WAF) software.
Terraform is a great solution when:
- I need to deploy infrastructure in a public or hybrid/multi cloud environment and maintain a consistent deployment model.
- I need the agility and flexibility to accommodate quick deployments of infrastructure in a codified fashion.
- I want to minimize the amount of custom code I develop so I can focus on a declarative language type that has a wide array of vendor support.