Cloud Maturity Model
A guide for systematically assessing and maturing cloud capabilities across an organization's people, processes and technology.
An easier way to mature cloud capabilities
Cloud computing has become a key driver of modern digital and business transformation. Whether you're new to cloud or you've already invested in a public, private or hybrid cloud deployment model, the future success of your business could very well depend on your ability to systematically mature your cloud capabilities.
That's because cloud is more than a technology. It's an enablement tool. An investment in agility and innovation. A new way of thinking, planning and executing. A foundation on which to future-proof your business.
Strategy is supreme
It can be challenging to fully harness cloud's transformative potential given its broad reach across technology stacks, so a comprehensive cloud strategy is crucial. Here are common mistakes we often see organizations make when developing their strategy:
- Assuming cloud is an IT-only strategy and failing to involve the appropriate business, operations, legal, finance and procurement players in enterprise cloud initiatives.
- Not formulating an exit strategy.
- Confusing or combining a cloud strategy with a cloud implementation plan.
- Believing it's too late to go back and formulate a cloud strategy.
- Thinking any of the following statements qualify as a "sound cloud strategy":
- "We're moving everything to the cloud."
- "Our cloud strategy is our data center strategy."
- "We're either moving everything or nothing to the cloud."
- "Our executive mandate to adopt cloud is all the strategy we need."
- "'Cloud-first' is our strategy."
- Relying on a single vendor for all things cloud.
- Completely outsourcing the development of your cloud strategy.
In this report, WWT's cloud experts detail how we view the journey to cloud maturity -- from no cloud presence all the way to a cloud-enabled organization. Along the way, we'll arm you with (a) important questions to ask before moving from one stage to the next and (b) actionable steps to help you get there.
Let's dive in.
"WWT Research reports provide in-depth analysis of the latest technology and industry trends, solution comparisons and expert guidance for maturing your organization's capabilities. By logging in or creating a free account you’ll gain access to other reports as well as labs, events and other valuable content."
Thanks for reading. Want to continue?
Log in or create a free account to continue viewing Cloud Maturity Model and access other valuable content.