What is VMware Workspace ONE: Key Features and Benefits
Learn how Workspace ONE delivers the foundation of a modern digital workplace, from automated app deployment and control access to unified endpoint management.
In This Article
Today's organizations need to deploy many different applications and manage a growing number of endpoint devices. Though this trend isn't news to anyone, the rapid growth of device deployment has become increasingly challenging, largely because enterprises must now support so many device types and streamline workflows — all while maintaining a high level of control and security.
Multiple IT management tools are often needed to run numerous platforms and operating systems, each of them requiring a specific IT skillset and resource to maintain. Many companies also must overcome the constraints of their legacy systems and traditional on-premises solutions, which drive up overhead and upkeep costs.
Combined, it can become an operational and security nightmare.
Like most companies, WWT wasn't immune to these challenges. We maintain a complex and diverse endpoint environment. And this is why, after a rigorous selection process, we have decided to implement VMware Workspace ONE to support employees worldwide.
In addition to explaining what Workspace ONE is, this article will breakdown key features and benefits to help any organization decide if it is right for them.
What is Workspace ONE?
Workspace ONE is a digital workplace solution. It integrates application management, access control and unified endpoint management to help ensure that IT can deliver and manage any app on any device without sacrificing control and security.
The solution enables the management of all devices and applications from a single interface, eliminating the need for specialized skillsets and tools. This helps prevent the development of siloed and/or tribal organizational structure that can decrease the flexibility and scalability of the IT infrastructure.
Key features of Workspace ONE
What can Workspace ONE offer? Here are some key features that make Workspace ONE an indispensable solutions for today's digital workspace:
Workspace ONE's one-touch, single sign-on (SSO) feature allows users to securely access any type of applications (e.g., mobile, web, cloud and Windows) without IT intervention. It allows your IT team to maintain control of backend workflows while freeing them up from a deluge of support tickets so they can focus on high-value tasks and strategic initiatives.
Unified endpoint management
Workspace ONE can support any device and any platform, from corporate-owned hardware that requires complete lifecycle management to employee-owned devices that need to adhere to your BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policy. This way, in most cases, employees can choose their preferred device types to achieve the highest level of access, convenience and productivity without sacrificing security and ease of management.
Network access control
Workspace ONE's robust policy engine delivers identity and device management capabilities to protect your sensitive data. The platform can enforce access decisions based on various requirements, such as the strength of authentication, network, location and device compliance. It can even guide users to adjust the settings on their endpoint devices to meet compliance standards and access the software they need.
Automated app management
Workspace ONE UEM and Horizon virtualization technology enable IT teams to automate application upgrades and distribution from a single platform within a moment's notice. The automated process allows you to streamline app deployment and management while eliminating human errors so you can maintain the highest level of security and compliance.
Why use Workspace ONE for your organization
Workspace ONE helps enterprises effectively manage the modern digital workspace. Here are some key benefits:
- Workers can get the tools they need when they need them to reduce administrative burden and increase productivity. It also helps streamline the employee onboarding experience.
- The intuitive user interface consolidates various management tools, including SCCM, JAMF, ServiceNow, SharePoint, Android Play and the Apple Application Store.
- On-premises server connection between Active Directory Domain Services and the Workspace ONE Cloud environment provides redundancy and reduces downtime during routine maintenance.
- Compliance profiles can be set up to automatically check all enrolled devices for company-specific encryption status, firewall status and operating system version to ensure compliance.
- Workspace ONE Intelligence offers customized dashboards and reporting so that IT teams can access real-time, automated data to improve accuracy and consistency in asset tracking.
- Hosted virtual apps and desktops — accessed through the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub — allow users to work on sensitive information from anywhere without compromising security.
- The platform provides real-time visibility into all application, device, and console events to support efficient monitoring across the entire IT infrastructure.
The future of digital workspace is here
Workspace ONE provides an intelligence-driven digital workspace platform that supports access control, application management, and multi-platform endpoint management for any device. Its single sign-on access to cloud, mobile, web and Windows apps via one unified catalog streamlines application deployment.
Meanwhile, seamless integration with email, calendar, file and social collaboration tools further facilitates workflows.
When you put it all together, this makes Workspace ONE a very powerful solution for any organization that needs to take control of its device management strategy.