Implementing a Converged Optical and Packet Solution
Implementing a converged optical and packet solution can be a difficult task. Systems integrators like WWT can help accelerate the time to validate, deploy and migrate customer traffic to a new converged solution.
Converged Optical & Packet architectures consolidate the function of the optical network into the routed network. Thanks to innovations in router ASIC design, routing software and optical transceiver technology it is now possible to provide both layers of the network within one platform.
WWT can deliver a complete, converged optical & packet network for customers looking for an easy button. Alternatively, we can help customers with specific trouble areas during any part of an implementation.
Our experts follow a proven Next-Generation Factory model that leverages (a) a deep understanding of optical and IP networking technology, (b) a world-class supply chain, and (c) a portfolio of services that can help at any stage of your migration journey.
Converged Optical & Packet Architectures Delivery
The following list outlines the services and capabilities WWT offers for delivering a converged optical & packet network solution.
1. Consulting Services
Our technology consultants can streamline your IT transformation projects. You won't find another partner who combines the in-depth research, analysis, modeling and strategy development of a consulting firm with the proven ability to deploy, integrate and operate complex infrastructure solutions at scale around the world.
- Designing and Planning: Our experts will examine existing operational practices to evaluate performance and identify opportunities to improve efficiency within your environment.
- RFP Preparation: Allow WWT’s business and technology consultants to assist in RFP preparation. We have the ability and knowledge to help any customer to define the RFP requirements and needs.
- Vendor Evaluation: Our unique ability to rapidly evaluate multi-vendor solutions before deploying them on a global scale enables customers to accelerate time-to-revenue, generate new revenue streams and achieve digital transformation faster.
2. Advanced Technology Center
WWT's Advanced Technology Center (ATC) is a collaborative ecosystem to design, build, educate, demonstrate and deploy innovative technology products and integrated architectural solutions. The ATC is a place to not just prove a solution works, but to up-skill your team to do the job moving forward.
- Training: Our custom training sessions provide specialized classes on optical architectures. Class material is customized based upon your organization's needs and equipment used. WWT offers students the option to select from a set of standard training modules and a specific duration, or we can develop custom training if needed.
- Demos: Through our ATC WWT can demonstrate a converged optical and packet solution to showcase how it works, what to expect, and what a typical implementation would involve.
- Labs / Sandboxes: Gain first-hand experience with available converged optical & packet network products and solution sets. With access to our lab / sandbox experiences, customers can easily work through pre-defined steps toward creating an ideal customized solution.
- Proof of Concept (POC) : Tailor a converged optical & packet network solution to your unique environment by mimicking your real-life network and simulating service requirements.
- Agile Development : Work collaboratively to find the optimal way to develop high-quality, easy-to-use software that delivers value early and often.
- Lab as a Service (LaaS) : LaaS provides customers with dedicated lab resources within the ATC, built to meet customer requirements for performance, security, access and testing.
3. Global Integration Centers
WWT’s global network of Integration Technology Centers feature climate-controlled production environment withs advanced networking, secure remote access and certified procedures specifically designed for staging, kitting and configuring the latest advanced technology solutions. With more than 4 million square feet of supply chain space spread strategically over four continents, we can simplify complex IT deployments and deliver them when and where you need them.
- Supply Chain : As technology turns over at an increasing rate and businesses respond to changing customer needs, IT organizations are tasked with quickly deploying technology infrastructure while reducing costs, optimizing asset usage and improving internal efficiencies. In order to keep pace, organizations need a new approach to supply chain management, one in which service delivery times are marked by rapid iterations and short cycles.
- Material Planning and Procurement: Our custom material planning and scheduling tool allows customers to optimize supply chain capital, increase deployment speed and maximize return on investment. Our flexible process accounts for bill of material (BOM) changes and bridges the gap between procurement, engineering and deployment.
- Staging, Integration & Delivery: On-site equipment installation and turn-up often requires customer resources to be involved with additional support from suppliers or contractors. This complicates set up, makes it difficult to maintain an implementation schedule, and often leads to significant extensions or cost overruns. WWT limits these problems by ensuring product delivered to site is ready out-of-the-box, needing only power and network access to fully function.
- Order Management: We offer operational metrics and reports generated from our ERP system according to established service level agreements (SLAs). To support tactical needs, our operational reports provide transaction-level information. For strategic planning, our metrics and statistical reports use the same data to provide analysis, trending and performance information related to a particular function over a period of time, including:
- Supplier performance
- Order processing metrics
- Quality metrics
- Customer spend
- Operational reporting
- Shipping performance
- Global Logistics Capabilities: With facilities in the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific, WWT can fulfill product virtually anywhere in the world. To ensure product integrity for our customers, we coordinate with multi-vendor, global enterprises to manage complex international supply chains.
- Product Sourcing: As an authorized reseller of IT hardware and services for many of the world’s leading technology OEMs, we offer a single-source option for a broad array of technology solutions. Our master distributor relationships give customers unparalleled access to inventory from more than 12,000 manufacturers.
4. Professional Services
WWT has extensive experience implementing complex, multi-site network infrastructure solutions and other IT deployments. We employ a proven phased approach, incorporating concepts from international standards organizations such as PMI, ITIL and ISO. Among WWT’s offerings are site surveys, planning, design, installation, optimization, migration and facilities infrastructure
- Rack, Stack and Powering: With trained/certified installation, wiring and powering technicians, we will install and power on all necessary hardware within specification.
- Custom Cabling: We can create custom labels for any type of cable. This is performed on-site or in our integration centers prior to shipment.
- Integration: We accelerate on-site deployments by leveraging our secure integration space, designed to configure thousands of systems per week.
- Services Provisioning and Migration: Our staffing and expertise lets us assist with any converged optical & packet network migration, big or small. WWTs subject matter experts are highly experienced in the provisioning, implementing, and migration towards a converged optical & packet solution. To ensure ideas become outcomes, we follow our proven deployment methodology with every engagement led by an experienced, senior-level project manager. Exceeding client expectations and delivering a clear vision beyond the scope are key objectives for every engagement.
- Cutover: In some cases, a seamless non-service impacting network migration is not possible. In those situations, we have the expertise and know-how to minimize customer down time and get the network back up and running as quickly as possible.
- Lifecycle Services: Hardware and software purchases need to align to an overall network strategy. We track infrastructure and software across the enterprise, including how these assets are being used at any given time.
- Staffing Services: When adding additional headcount is not an option, our resources can be deployed rapidly into environments while also providing a sound technical plan during uncertain times. Our subject matter experts are fully screened and backed by the complete capabilities and resources of WWT.
The path toward successful Converged Optical & Packet delivery can feel exhaustive for any network operator to tackle alone. If you are facing what feels like an insurmountable mountain of resources, skill sets, and supply chain, and integration expertise while implementing your Converged Optical & Packet architecture, you're not alone.
WWT has the experience, capabilities and infrastructure to help forge a clear path to a successful delivery of a Converged Optical & Packet architecture.