JELA to GEMSS for Navy
The Defense Information Technology Contracting Organization (DITCO) signed a Joint Enterprise License Agreement (JELA) with Cisco for enterprise-wide technical support and services in June 2019. This agreement gave enrolled Department of Defense (DOD) organizations access to Cisco Smart Net Total Care for all eligible Cisco-branded equipment. Additional services included access to technical education, High Touch Technical Services, and Network Consulting support.
Now JELA is giving way to GEMSS the Cisco Global Enterprise Modernization Software and Services (GEMSS). This latest agreement gives Navy organization s access to Cisco innovation, training, and services while minimizing overall software and support costs.
In June 2021, the Defense Information Technology Contracting Organization (DITCO), in collaboration with PEO Digital, signed a new agreement: the Cisco Global Enterprise Modernization Software and Services (GEMSS). This latest agreement maximizes the Navy’s access to Cisco innovation, training, and services while minimizing overall software and support costs.
Why Transition from JELA to GEMSS?
The pivot to enterprise-wide digital transformation includes several critical elements: establishing an enterprise architecture, continuous cyber vigilance, enabling hybrid cloud, real-time access to software innovation, and a Total Force approach to re-skilling and up-skilling the Navy’s extended technical community. GEMSS supports all of these key foundational initiatives.
What is GEMSS?
The Navy GEMSS agreement is a set of contracts awarded on the NASA SEWP contracting vehicle as a DOD Enterprise Software Initiative(ESI).
- 1-year base period + 3 one-year option periods + 1 ten-month option period
- Total contract period of performance: June 21, 2021 through April 23, 2026
- Base year: June 21, 2021, through June 20, 2022
Summary of Coverage
- One contract per MILDEP/Agency, Base Year + 4 Option Years
- 100% Cisco Smart Net Total Care on all valid Cisco Hardware
- 100% Cisco Software Support Services (SWSS)
- Cisco High Touch Operations Management (HTOM)
- Cisco High Touch Technical Services (HTTS)
- Cisco Hardware and Software Asset Management
- Cisco Onsite Network Consulting Engineers
- Cisco Enterprise DNA Advantage
- SWSS and Licenses for DNA-capable Enterprise Networks; SWSS for any legacy Cisco products not otherwise covered by an EA
- Global 24x365 Smartnet tech support for all Cisco-branded equipment plus new purchases during the period of performance
- Next Business Day Hardware replacement
- My Cisco Entitlements replaces ICRS
- High Touch Technical Support (classified support)
- Four Cisco Engineers dedicated to GEMSS contract
- Quarterly Business Reviews for customer
- SIPR Link to support HTTS to be provided by the customer
Modified December 14, 2021