This lab provides a sandbox environment with the typical collaboration and database software components found in a customer environment. The student will configure Cisco Jabber for persistent chat, useful in compliance and governance situations. Persistent chat will be configured in a step-by-step fashion, after which the sandbox may be used for testing and further study.
Anyone who installs, configures or maintains a Cisco Unified Communications environment will benefit from this on-demand lab.
The student performs the following activities:
- Configure a MS SQL database for chat storage
- Configure IM&P for External database and compliance
- Enable Persistent Chat on IM&P
- Configure Jabber for Windows on CallManager to enable persistent chat
- Configure Jabber for Windows client
- Test of Persistent Chat