Guided Demonstration Lab
NetApp Copy & Sync is a replication and synchronization service that enables efficient data transfers for file and object storage. Use cases include data migration, data transformation, and data synchronization. Transfers are handled by one or more brokers enabling customers to scale transfer rates based on their requirements. With multiple brokers, parallel synchronization of up to 250GB per hour can be achieved.
Relationships between similar and dissimilar storage types are supported and conversion is handled natively (I.E. NFS to S3). Supported storage types include:
- Any NFS server
- Any SMB server
- Amazon EFS
- Amazon FSx for ONTAP
- Amazon S3
- Azure Blob
- Azure NetApp Files
- Cloud Volumes Service
- Cloud Volumes ONTAP
- Google Cloud Storage
- IBM Cloud Object Storage
- On-premises NetApp ONTAP cluster
- NetApp ONTAP S3 Storage
- NetApp StorageGRID
After initial synchronization, only changed files or objects are replicated.
There are two types of costs associated with using Copy & Sync: resource charges and service charges.
Resource charges are related to the compute and storage costs for running the data broker in the cloud.
There are two ways to pay for sync relationships after your 14-day free trial ends. The first option is to subscribe from AWS or Azure, which enables you to pay hourly or annually. The second option is to purchase licenses directly from NetApp.
Customers who purchase a Bring Your Own License (BYOL) to the Copy & Sync service should be aware of the limitations associated with the license entitlement.
- Customers are entitled to leverage the BYOL license for a term not to exceed one year from the date of delivery.
- Customers are entitled to leverage the BYOL license to establish and not to exceed a total of 20 individual connections between a source and a target (each a "sync relationship").
- A customer's entitlement expires at the conclusion of the one-year license term, irrespective of whether the Customer has reached the 20-sync relationship limitation.
In the event, that the Customer chooses to renew its license, unused sync relationships associated with the previous license grant DO NOT roll over to the license renewal.
- Copy & Sync is not supported in China.
In addition to China, the Copy & Sync data broker is not supported in the following regions:
- AWS GovCloud (US)
- Azure US Gov
- Azure US DoD