NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP delivers secure, proven storage management services for AWS, Azure and Google Cloud storage. Leveraging ONTAP software, CVO brings 25 years of developed intellectual property to securely manage data in any cloud.
Cloud Volumes ONTAP runs as a software only storage subscription that adds enterprise features for various use cases including: Block (iSCSI) and NAS (CIFS/NFS) storage services, DevOps, Backup and Recovery, Disaster Recovery, Archive, and various databases.
- Non-disruptive, two node high-availability support protects customers from unplanned storage failures in the cloud
- Data Tiering, Thin Provisioning, Deduplication and Compression minimize storage consumption and cloud resources
- Multi-protocol access is supported by NFS and SMB / CIFS for files and iSCSI for block
- Data is secured out of the box with built in encryption
- NetApp enterprise features for data protection, migration and replication are included (Snapshot, SnapCenter, SnapRestore,NetApp SnapLock, FlexClone and native Replication)
- Kubernetes storage persistence is integrated using NetApp Trident for persistent volume orchestration
CVO doesn't simply run a standard copy of ONTAP built for dedicated hardware in a virtualized environment in the cloud. It is written to integrate natively with cloud infrastructure, provide cost saving optimizations and provide simple access to data for customer workloads. NetApp Cloud Manager (free) is leveraged for end to end management of CVO instances in cloud environments; including storage provisioning, upgrades, scheduling of downtime, and replication of on premises ONTAP infrastructure or other CVO instances in the cloud.
Cloud Manager was built with simplicity in mind. It guides you through Cloud Volumes ONTAP setup in a few steps, eases data management by offering simplified storage provisioning and automated capacity management, enables drag-and-drop data replication across a hybrid cloud, and more.