Goals & Objectives
The purpose of this lab is to establish and reinforce basic Segment Routing concepts. You will learn how to configure Segment Routing (SR) on Cisco IOS XR and Juniper Junos over an ISIS IGP along with BGP L3VPN and TI-LFA.
The configuration exercises include:
- Enable ISIS
- Enable Segment Routing and define prefix SIDs
- Validate SR-MPLS label forwarding
- Enable BGP VPNv4 and use BGP extended community coloring of prefixes to create explicit-path SR policies
- Test TI-LFA Link protection.
Hardware & Software
- Three LSR or Provider routers running Cisco IOS-XRv9k v7.1.1
- One LSR or Provider router running JUNOS vXM v19.3.2
- One LER or Provider Edge (PE) routers running Cisco IOS-XRv9k v7.1.1
- One LER or Provider Edge (PE) routers running JUNOS vXM v19.3.2
- Two Customer Edge (CE) routers running Cisco IOS-XRv9k v7.1.1