Arista Universal Cloud
Duration ~ 13 hours
Updated Jun 18, 2023
About this Learning Path
There are several universal architectures in the Arista design portfolio. The Enterprise Universal Cloud Network can be used in the data center and in the Cognitive Campus, and the Enterprise Anycloud Network expands beyond the data center. All of these designs deliver the Arista Unified AnyCloud Architecture offering unified orchestration, management and telemetry with CloudVision. Arista's guiding principles are Universal(Common architectures from small to huge), Simple(a single operating system for all platforms and hardware), Open(standards-based features and functions), Programable(Easy to use APIs and automation), and Visible(Full state Telemetry and flow information) The key to these guiding design principles is the use of the Arista EOS architecture for its hardware and software-based devices. EOS is based on a Linux kernel, standard and fully open. EOS uses agent processes, that use a Publish/Subscribe model to populate the NetDB on each device which contains all device states. NetDB can then be used by Aristas CloudVision products to offer full-state telemetry and flow information for the entire Universal Architecture. Because Arista is using a single binary for all hardware and software-based devices Arista can implement hardware abstraction. Unlike some other manufacturers, Arista uses the latest Merchant Silicon and when coupled with the standard open EOS kernel allows very fast development cycles, fewer bugs, and faster adoption by customers since it is the same EOS.
Read full description
World Wide Technology
Principal Solutions Architect
- Industry networking associate certification or a basic understanding of primary network concepts VLANs, IP address and Gateways
- Conceptual knowledge of network fabric and fabric design preferred
What You'll Learn
- VXLAN and MP-BGP EVPN fundamentals
- The CVP Sandbox lab will allow students to learn basic concepts of building out a MP-BGP EVPN based VXLAN lab environment and test reachability.
- The VXLAN 101 lab will allow students to learn basic concepts of using CVP to build a VXLAN fabric, as well as using CVP for troubleshooting and other day 2 tasks.