Cisco NEXUS Dashboard
Duration 9h 40m
Updated May 31, 2023
About this learning path
Previously, the Cisco day 2 operations suite of MSO, NAE, NIR, and NIA ran separately on computing as a .ova in vSphere or on the APIC as an application. The architecture never allowed for sharing data between the apps or correlations with errors and telemetry views of packet loss. With the roadmap moving, we had applications and a shared data lake for all applications to draw from and correlate between application errors, changes to the policy, and deep flow telemetry, all visual as an epoch. For all the applications to run and have sharable databases, Cisco NEXUS Dashboard (ND) was created. The ND platform allows all the Cisco Day 2 apps and third-party applications to run on a single appliance. Secondly, the ND has to be an expandable CPU and storage-intensive platform; today, the platform can scale with 3 master nodes and 4 worker nodes with the apps and their data residing on the ND cluster. As ND matures, more ND servers can join the cluster, and they can be separated regionally if within TTL requirements to distribute applications and provide DR strategies.
World Wide Technology
Principal Solutions Architect
- Industry networking associate certification or a basic understanding of primary network concepts VLANs, IP address, and Gateways.
- Preferable to have a conceptual knowledge of network fabric and fabric design.
- Preferable to have a conceptual knowledge of network telemetry protocols such as Netflow and IPFIX as well as day 2 operations knowledge.
What you'll learn
- Understand the basic concepts of the Cisco NEXUS Dashboard platform
- Understand the applications that can run on the NEXUS Dashboard platform
- Learning how to perform day 2 operations with the Hands on lab with NEXUS Dashboard and NEXUS Insights