Channel Asia Women in ICT Awards 2023
by Nurhuda Syed
Channel Asia is proud to announce the winners of the Women in ICT Awards (WIICTA) in 2023, honouring female excellence within the technology channel following an industry-defining celebration in Singapore.
Played out in front of more than 160 attendees at the St Regis in Singapore, the entire ASEAN ecosystem came together under the Channel Asia roof to set a new industry benchmark for female achievement and accomplishment.
In total, 107 finalists were honoured from a pool of over 150 nominations, spanning partner, start-up, vendor and distributor businesses.
Following an intensive judging process -- selected by an executive panel of more than 46 industry judges -- 16 winners were selected across eight categories, in addition to three highly commended acknowledgements.
The collective aim of WIICTA is to ensure as many outstanding women are endorsed through this unique awards program as possible, aligned to the collective goal of providing a platform upon aspiring female talent can shine across Southeast Asia.
In 2023, WIICTA honoured the channel across eight categories, spanning Innovation, Technical, Entrepreneur, Graduate, Rising Star, Shining Star, Achievement and D&I Champion (Company and Individual) awards.
All career stages were in the spotlight from graduate-level entrants to well-established CEOs, in addition to inspiring entrepreneurs, creative thinkers and technical experts, as well as talent rising through the ranks and consistent high-performing individuals. This was also supported by both individual and company champions of D&I initiatives.
Collectively, WIICTA housed the largest celebration of female excellence within the technology channel across Southeast Asia with female leaders represented in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Philippines.
Channel Asia congratulates all winners, highly commended and finalists and thanks all organisations and individuals for supporting this initiative.
This award recognises an enterprising candidate with a risk-taking mentality, honouring excellence in launching new ventures, products or services. This individual has a proven background in building innovation from the ground up, evident through converting market-leading ideas into viable business offerings.
- Mharicar Castillo-Reyes - Asticom (Philippines)
- Winnie Heng - Cisco (Singapore)
- Camy Ooi- Cloud Software Group (Singapore)
- Nadia Alatas - Cybertrend Intrabuana (Indonesia)
- Joey Lim - Exclusive Networks (Singapore)
- Shirley Lim Xue Li - Possbly (Singapore)
- Jennifer Cheng - Proofpoint (Singapore)
- Lilian Lam - Salesforce (Singapore)
- Michelle Pearce - World Wide Technology (Singapore)
This award recognises a standout candidate rising through the ranks within the ICT industry, acknowledging significant advancement during the early stages of her technology career. This individual is growing in stature and importance through demonstrating outstanding business acumen, deep market expertise and high levels of professional integrity. This award is open to candidates with 10 years or less experience within the ICT industry.
- Chng Hui Ying - AsiaPac Technology (Singapore)
- Ruvie Roca - Nueva Solutions (Philippines)
- Debora Anatasia Antoneta - R17 Group (Indonesia)
- Marilyn Lee - Rackspace (Singapore)
- Maya Sofhiana Zaini - Sourced Group (Singapore)
- Ana Robillard Centurion - Telstra (Singapore)
- Regine Ooi - World Wide Technology (Singapore)
This award recognises an established candidate with a strong record of achievement, acknowledging excellence in spearheading company initiatives and driving strategic change. This individual is a consistent high performer who regularly achieves standout business results and continues to assume increased levels of seniority within the organisation. This award is open to candidates with between 11 to 20 years' experience within the ICT industry.
- Bianca Isaacson – Accenture
- Rachel Lam - Rackspace Technology (Singapore)
- Yolanda Sari - R17 Group (Indonesia)
- Sherly Nyolanda - Searce (Indonesia)
- Araline Lee - World Wide Technology (Singapore)
Winner: Araline Lee - World Wide Technology (Singapore)
Araline wins this award for her role as a Senior Program Manager leading programs and gaining the trust of top banking and pharmaceutical customers that enabled the increase in revenue and profit for World Wide Technology. She is a member of the company's Employee Engagement Program (ERG) which aims to foster an inclusive and engaging environment focused on the growth and development of World Wide Technology's female employees in Asia as well as empower and amplify their voices.
This award recognises a standout candidate who has delivered an unrivalled contribution to the ICT industry, evident through outstanding professional and personal achievements. This individual has earned a reputation as an esteemed thought leader following a distinguished career as both a business leader and role model for aspiring executives. This award is open to candidates with 21 years or more experience within the ICT industry.
- Jacqueline Chay - AsiaPac Technology (Singapore)
- Mireille Giraud - Sourced Group (Singapore)
- Gracia Cham - Telstra (Singapore)
- Jalyn Kang - World Wide Technology (Singapore)