CRN's Top VARs 2017
World Wide Technology has been named to CRN's Top VARs 2017 list, which ranks & profiles the top 100 UK resellers, MSPs and IT consultancies.
World Wide Technology has been named #11 on CRN's Top VARs 2017 list, which ranks and profiles the top 100 UK resellers, MSPs and IT consultancies. View the rankings here.
Posted by CRN on December 12, 2017:
Revenues rose but profits fell for the 100 firms that made the cut for this year's Top VARs, which is now available for download
Anyone opening the December issue of CRNnext Monday will be greeted by a copy of the 2017 edition of Top VARs, our annual rundown of the top 100 players in our industry.
However, in the knowledge that many of you will have broken up for Christmas by then, we are this week making the report available ahead of its publication. Alternatively, you can now view the 100 profiles individually here.
Top VARs ranks and profiles the top 100 UK resellers, MSPs and IT consultancies by revenue, and for a second year running also examines the profit margins of those who made the cut. As part of the research, we have also questioned over 250 end users on their IT spending priorities and what they are seeking from their IT suppliers.
We hope you'll agree that this year's research throws up some interesting results. Headline findings include
- Collective revenues rose by 15 per cent to £13.6bn
- Average (operating) profit margins fell steeply, from 4.4 to 3.4 per cent. Some blamed Brexit for profit shortfalls
- Four of the top 20 players from last year have vanished
- One player climbed 64 places in the rankings after growing revenues from £35m to £251m
- SCC has dropped out of the top five as it continues to sacrifice revenues for higher profits
- Since Top VARs started in 2011, the revenue threshold has risen from £12.5m to over £32.3m
- End users are buying from an increasingly wide range of suppliers, and value specialisation above price
Research for this year's Top VARs was completed at the start of November. We are aware that several firms may have published fresh annual numbers since then. To read our FAQs on how we compiled the rankings, click here.