WWT Celebrates 20 Years of Success
WWT has grown from a small technology start-up into a world-class organization with more than 1,200 talented employees and revenues approaching $3 billion.
ST. LOUIS – September 10, 2010 – World Wide Technology, Inc. (WWT), a market-leading systems integrator that provides innovative technology and supply chain solutions, today marked 20 years of success. Since its founding in July of 1990, WWThas grown from a small technology start-up into a world-class organization with more than 1,200 talented employees and revenues approaching $3 billion.
“Since our inception, we’ve been focused on building a value based culture that will stand the test of time,” said Jim Kavanaugh, chief executive officer and co-founder of WWT. “Our people, core values and culture are at the heart of our success and fuel our ability to provide revolutionary technology products, services and supply chain solutions to customers around the globe. We’re excited to celebrate this corporate milestone with our employees, partners and customers.”
WWTspecializes in delivering and supporting advanced technology solutions in the areas of data center and virtualization, security, mobility and borderlessnetworks, and unified communications and collaboration. The company offers technology products from more than 3,000 manufacturers and maintains over 1,000 certifications to ensure it provides the latest in IT solutions and services to customers around the globe. WWTis one of the world’s largest Cisco’s Gold partners and is consistently recognized by Cisco for demonstrating technical excellence and delivering customer value. In addition to its strong Cisco expertise, WWThas strategic partnerships with Citrix, HP, EMC, NetApp, Oracle and VMware. The company also offers a complete array of configuration and integration services and a full suite of advanced logistics, inventory management and supply chain solutions.
Recent key WWTachievements include:
• WWTis one of the largest suppliers of Cisco advanced technology solutions with $1.7 billion in Cisco sales.
• Acquiring Baltimore-based Performance Technology Group (PTG), a premier provider of systems engineering and managed services for commercial, state and federal customers.
• Acquiring Server Centric to strengthen WWT’s data center growth plans with substantial virtualization expertise, engineering talent and Intellectual Property.
• Operating nearly 1 million square feet of distribution space including a Integration Technology Center near WWT’s corporate headquarters in St. Louis that can configure over 30,000 systems per week.
• Bringing mobility to Cisco TelePresence with the introduction of the TG500 for Cisco TelePresence.
• Hosting President George W. Bush at WWT’s corporate headquarters. President Bush addressed WWT corporate leaders, employees and guests, emphasizing WWT’s contributions to both the local community and national economy.
• Opening new facilities in Brazil, Florida, Arizona and Nevada which have expanded WWT’s global footprint to over 2 million square feet under management.
• A complete corporate history timeline is available at www.wwt.com/about-us/history/.
“The past 20 years have been an extraordinary journey and I thank our clients, partners, executive management team and employees for transforming WWT into the incredible company that it is today,” said David Steward, chairman and co-founder of World Wide Technology. “I strongly believe that our continual focus on superior quality, proven processes and commitment to the community provide a foundation that will allow WWT to grow and flourish for another 20 years and beyond.”
WWT will hold a company-wide celebration to mark the company’s 20th anniversary today, which will be kicked off by an update by Jim Kavanaugh from WWT’s headquarters in St. Louis, followed by festivities for all employees at each of the company’s locations.
World Wide Technology, Inc. is a systems integrator that provides innovative technology and supply chain solutions to the commercial, government and telecom sectors. The company brings to market a powerful blend of knowledge, infrastructure and technology to help its customers manage the planning, procurement and deployment of IT products and solutions. Based in St. Louis, WWT works closely with industry leaders including Boeing (NYSE: BA); Sun Microsystems (NASDAQ: JAVA); Dell (NASDAQ: DELL); Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO); EMC (NYSE: EMC); HP (NYSE: HPQ); AT&T Inc., (NYSE: ATT); VMware (NYSE: VMW); Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CTXS); NetApp, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTAP); Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) and the U.S. Air Force. WWT employs over 1,200 people and operates more than 2 million square-feet of warehousing, distribution and integration space in 20 facilities throughout the world. For more information on World Wide Technology, visit www.wwt.com.
Edward Levens for WWT