Itential Automation Platform (IAP) is an operations toolset and workflow engine from Itential. The world’s largest service providers and IT organizations use IAP to:
- Provide an operations “dashboard” GUI for consolidating key ops functions.
- Create and manage complex operations-facing workflows integrated with device control, AAA, databases and other key applications like ServiceNow.
- Automate large-scale IT actions and services through associated device adapters (NSO or Ansible, etc.), providing the workflow and GUI on top of the device adapter.
Intended Audience: Technical influencers, decision makers, architects, engineers
Part 1: Learning about Itential Automation Platform (3 hours)
- About this Workshop: Introductions, objectives, what to expect and what will you get out of this session.
- About Itential
- Why do customers need Itential Automation Platform (IAP)? Why IAP, IAP applications and who is using IAP.
- IAP Overview: Dashboard and applications, architecture, integrations & automation gateway, workflow, features and roadmap, Itential online.
- Itential Engagement Model: Deploying IAP, building applications on IAP, IAP ownership — building an IAP center of excellence, making a business case for IAP (value calculator).
Part 2: Working with IAP (3 hours)
- About the lab environment: Lab architecture, accessing the lab and lab documentation.
- Lab 1: A guided tour of IAP, NSO and Automation Gateway
- Lab 2: Working with IAP applications: Configuration manager, policy manager, workflow builder, job manager.
- Lab 3: Running workflows: Exploring workflows and workflow tools, IOS upgrade process, port turn-up and management, L3 VPN management.
- Working with Itential Dev Tools: Rendering APIs, loading artifacts, working with developer.itential.io.