Running HashiCorp Vault on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
This video demonstrates how to deploy the HashiCorp Vault platform on Google Kubernetes engine GKE and access the stored secrets from applications running on Kubernetes.
HashiCorp Vault is the leading secrets management platform that secure, store and tightly control access to tokens, passwords, certificates, encryption keys for protecting secrets and other sensitive data using a UI, CLI, or HTTP API. Vault can now be deployed into Kubernetes using the official HashiCorp Vault Helm chart.
Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) is one of the leading managed Kubernetes services. GKE provides a managed environment for deploying, managing and scaling your containerized applications using Google infrastructure.
This video demonstrates deploying and operating HashiCorp Vault in GKE. The topics covered in this video include:
- Deploying Vault 1.5.0 cluster on GKE with Vault Helm chart.
- Automated install with TF helm provider.
- Utilizing Vault auto unseal feature with Google Cloud KMS.
- Vault highly available deployment with raft internal storage backend.
- Consuming Vault secrets from apps using vault agent sidecar injection.