As the industry moves toward 5G, the Radio Access Network (RAN) will become increasingly software-driven and built with a variety of vendors. Open RAN utilizes a virtualized RAN on general-purpose hardware to foster agility, enhance scalability and allow for multiple specialized vendors to drive innovation.
WWT can help service providers more rapidly deploy Open RAN within their network by providing a fully-integrated cloud-based, virtualized Open RAN blueprint that operators can leverage to accelerate 4G and forge a clear path toward broader 5G adoption.
Because each network has its own fingerprint, no two Open RAN deployments are the same. Therefore, the scope of this workshop will vary depending on network and organizational readiness. Broadly speaking, the workshop will follow the below agenda:
- Understand Open RAN technology and the benefits it affords service providers.
- Overview of the Open RAN ecosystem (vendors, policies, alliances, etc.)
- Detail Open RAN challenges and barriers and how they can be overcome.
- Capture current state of the network and identify an implementation path.
Who should attend?
- Service providers new to Open RAN
- Network operators that need guidance on how best to deploy Open RAN
- Service providers with stalled Open RAN strategies