Use cases and capabilities for Mobile Ops Center
With Mobile Ops Center, IT is alerted to issues before users call the help desk. The app provides mobile issue notification and resolution capabilities, all of which improves IT responsiveness.
Here are some sample use cases and capabilities:
- Check on key network health indicators available in Cisco DNA Assurance
- Receive push notifications when network or client health needs attention
- Triage and discover solutions for network issues
- Investigate and troubleshoot wireless connectivity issues
- See the client 360 view of the wireless network using iOS Analytics
- Take actions to remediate issues and mark them completed
Mobile Ops Center correlates the information received from the network through data analytics and DNA Assurance Monitoring. Once alerted, the administrator can use Mobile Ops Center to push configuration changes and monitor the results directly in the app. The Mobile Ops Center app can be extended to provide additional workflow capabilities for other management platforms, network configuration capabilities and issue tracking solutions.
Increase speed to outcome
We use programmability and automation in our Advanced Technology Center to leverage our lab assets in different ways. We can quickly spin up environments on demand for our customers to use as sandboxes. This lets customers really dig in and experience the technologies faster; that same equipment can be spun up and down for another purpose. This allows us to optimize our assets.
As we help customers deploy networks, we’re using programmability and automation to speed customer deployments. We can take a project that would have taken three years – a full technology refresh, for example – and shrink that to three to six months, allowing customers to consume the technology faster.
Off the shelf, most of these network automation products do not provide the very detailed business dashboards that our customers really want. Our software team can build customized business dashboards on top of the network that allow our customers’ IT teams to monitor the things they consider vital for their organizations, like our latest enterprise network engagement suite, Thelios.
Thelios uses Meraki’s APIs to provide some of these customized dashboards and analytics as well as automated provisioning. WWT built Thelios so our customers would have access to business and network insights and deployment and management capabilities that far exceed standard networking dashboards. Thelios offers:
- Visibility to visitor buying and browsing behavior.
- Enhanced in-store WiFi connectivity options.
- Ranked, per-store metrics for user device types, number of connections, connection times and other data
- Automation to reduce installation time from hours to minutes.
- Persistent and unlimited data storage for long term trend analysis.
Todd Nightingale, senior vice president and general manager, Cisco Meraki
Achieve the art of the possible
WWT serves a diverse client base with different organizational requirements. WWT developers create customized end-user experiences designed to meet our clients’ unique business needs. The following are examples of demonstrations of innovations WWT can deliver to our customers because of our physical (infrastructure) and digital (application and software) expertise.
- Bus Central: Allows school administrators real-time monitoring, tracking and management of their school bus fleets, including engine data, driving patterns and deviations from designated routes. Administrators can proactively address issues before they become problems, thus increasing safety and decreasing cost.
- Integrating Cisco and Microsoft: WWT can help maximize the use of Cisco WebEx Teams and Microsoft investments by integrating Cisco communication platforms with Microsoft Office scheduling solutions.
- Integrating Cisco and ServiceNow: WWT’s Enterprise Networking Solutions Practice used Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to integrate Cisco Webex Teams with ServiceNow to automate management of their team’s complex proof of concept workflow.
- Integrating Cisco with Canvas LMS: WWT can improve the digital learning experience by integrating Cisco communication platforms and learning management systems.
We complement our ATC ecosystem of engineers with 500 agile application developers who work collaboratively with virtual teams to build digital experiences for our customers. This addition of developers working collaboratively with our ATC engineers is what enables our unique ability to deliver leading-edge technology infrastructure and digital outcomes.