Traffic delays and drops are often deal-breakers for real-time applications — particularly those utilizing new 5G-standard Ultra Realtime Low Latency Connections (uRLLC), which have a delay requirement of between one and 25 milliseconds. Therefore, organizations — from global financial institutions and massive public utilities to manufacturers and public sector — are looking to provide real-time services and private LTE that put demands on network transport never before seen.
Enter Network Transport with Segment Routing, which seeks to satisfy the demands of next-generation networks and services. This briefing, which is available for both SR-MPLS and SRv6, provides a blueprint for a Network Transport of the future.
The objectives of the briefing include, but are not limited to:
- Develop Network Transport architecture based on SR-MPLS or SRv6.
- Highlight the benefits of Segment Routing and Traffic Engineering.
- Analyze use cases for low-delay transport.
- Discuss the options of implementing network path constraints.
- Incorporate OEM partner solutions where required/desired for end-to-end system.
- Evaluate and verify the Segment Routing features and performance.
- Discuss the difference and use cases between Flex-Algo and SR-TE.
- Develop an understanding of Segment Routing operational aspects.
- Conduct customer demos.
- Enable SR-MPLS and SRv6 POCs.
- Understand migration strategies.
More on Network Transport with Segment Routing
Network Transport with Segment Routing was designed to simplify deployments by:
- Making things simple by utilizing Segment Routing as a unified forwarding plane.
- Being programmable through the use of an SR-PCE controller.
- Allowing the operator to build custom IGP algorithms
- Automating service provisioning through the use of NSO.
For more detail on Segment Routing, visit our MPLS and Segment Routing Solution Page.
What is a briefing?
A scheduled event with a WWT subject matter expert - typically via a live Webex - where we present an overview of specific topics, technologies, capabilities, or adoption trends. Your attendees are allotted time for Q&A to pose questions specific to your organization. This is a complimentary service.
Who should attend?
This briefing is designed for any organization looking to modernize their network and realize the advantages of Network Transport with Segment Routing.
- Solution/principal architects
- Portfolio managers
- Technical engineers
- Advisors and consultants