Goals & Objectives
The purpose of this lab is to expose the user to Segment Routing, SR-MPLS with Flex-Algo concepts. The user will explore several use cases with Flex-Algo by using IGP custom-defined algorithms like delay-based paths, constrained paths and a combination of both.
You will learn how to configure SR-MPLS with Flex-Algo on Cisco IOS XRv9000 routers with ISIS IGP along with BGP Color communities used to steer traffic along a Flex-Algo user-defined path.
The configuration exercises include:
- Enable Segment Routing and define prefix SIDs
- Validate SR-MPLS label forwarding
- Enable Performance Monitoring
- Define Flex-Algo low-delay based path without constraints
- Define Flex-Algo IGP Shortest Path with constraints
- Define Flex-Algo IGP Shortest Path with constraints and excluded Node
Hardware & Software
Six Cisco IOS XRv9000 routers running 7.1.1