- How does this apply to DevOps
- Why your services need SLOs
- Spending your error budget
- Choosing a good SLI
- Developing SLOs and SLIs
- Blameless Post-Mortem
- Define SLO targets based on user journeys
- Identify and break down a valuable user journey in your system
- Define an SLO for this service based on current expectations
- Define SLIs to measure this SLO
- If possible, put this measurement into production
- Influencing data driven conversations within your organization
Who should attend?
This is a technical workshop and is designed for development/operations engineers and their immediate management. However, the best outcomes will result when technical product people and business leaders participate as well. SLO targets and Error Budgets need to be set with users in mind and the consequences for exceeding an Error Budget needs to have executive backing.