Mercy Virtual Creates Anytime Healthcare
Mercy Virtual partnered with WWT and Cisco to create a Virtual Care Center, reaching more patients in more places to provide care the moment it's needed.
Looking for a way to reach more patients in more places and provide care the moment it is needed, Mercy Virtual partnered with World Wide Technology (WWT) and Cisco Systems to connect medical teams in their Care Center to patients at home.
Cisco and WWT Help Mercy Virtual Extend Its Mission
What does a virtual hospital look like?
Mercy worked hand-in-hand with WWT to extend their mission far beyond the walls of its Virtual Care Center. Highly sensitive two-way cameras put doctors at the bedside, wherever that is, while sensors use real-time data to detect deteriorations in health. And all along the way, care teams create stronger bonds with their patients.
How Big Data and Analytics Fuel Better Care
Healthcare innovation on the fly
WWT created a custom software application to create an easy interface for care teams and patients. The application has an evolving software infrastructure, innovating with APIs on top of Cisco technologies.
Powerful Partners: Cisco and WWT Help Mercy Virtual
- Mercy Virtual treated more than 500,000 patients in 2016.
- Stroke Facts, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Dec. 2016. https://www.cdc.gov/stroke/facts.htm
- Wait Time for Treatment in Hospital Emergency Departments: 2009, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Aug. 2012.
- Hypoxemia (low blood oxygen), Mayo Clinic, Dec. 2015. http://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/hypoxemia/basics/definition/sym-20050930
- Congestive Heart Failure Basics, Kaiser Permanente, Mar. 2014. https://www.ghc.org/healthAndWellness/?item=/common/healthAndWellness/conditions/heartDisease/chfBasics.html