This on-demand lab provides a safe environment to implement, manage and test a Software Defined Perimeter (SDP) in a traditional network environment. This is the best starting point for understanding the solution fundamentals and how it can provide value to your organization.
In this lab, you will be both the AppGate administrator and a remote client requiring access. The environment is intended to be fairly small and simple to ensure a smoother on-demand experience and focus on key features. The lab features two "application" environments in separate respective networks. Each application comprises 1 Linux server and 1 Windows server. Access to Application 1 has been pre-configured to demonstrate basic connectivity. As the admin, you will create simple Policies and Entitlements for user01 to gain access to Application 2. The protocols are also kept extremely basic for the sake of efficiency: ICMP, HTTP, and SSH.
The Lab will emphasize the following concepts:
- Lowering risk by minimizing exploitable footprint
- Adopting the principles of Zero Trust Architecture:
- Granting access to enterprise resources based on contextual data, including user profile, environment, and enterprise
- Enforcing policies based on user-definable risk scores rather than static rules
- Dynamic one-to-one connection, everyone attempting to access a resource must authenticate first
- Utilizing the concept of SDP to augment or replace traditional remote access scenarios
- Identity-centric, with highly granular access controls and real time access changes