November 6, 2023
What is Unstructured Data?
Dell PowerScale enhances free-form content, stored as files and objects, that live on the edge, core data center and cloud.
Video created and provided by: Dell Technologies
It's estimated that 80% of data created worldwide is unstructured and expected to grow year over year. As companies become data-driven, they need budget-friendly solutions that can handle this growth and unlock the value of their unstructured data.
What is unstructured data?
Unlike structured data, which fits neatly into rows and columns like a database, unstructured data is practically everything else. It's free-form content stored as files and objects that live on the edge in the core data center and in the cloud. Audio and video files, X-rays, office documents, and sensor data stored as files and objects are good examples.
WWT customers use unstructured data to:
- Enhance their data life cycle and make their businesses stronger
- Store media files to edit and create films
- Use analytic files to make better business decisions
- Share and analyze medical and life science files to support healthy outcomes
- Store data captured from equipment sensors to inform their operations, predict equipment failures and improve efficiency