Bridging the gap between public and private clouds
WWT Hybrid Cloud
Hybrid cloud is changing how businesses store and secure information, offering a vision of applications running wherever they maximize value while meeting requirements.
Hybrid cloud is a deployment model that enables the portability of services across various underlying cloud infrastructures. Because resources are consumed and operated in a common way across public and private cloud environments, developers are able to adopt a “develop once, deploy everywhere” methodology.
Benefits and value:
- Cost transparency, control and efficiency
- Improved availability, scalability and control
- Increased agility and innovation
- Enhanced business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities
- Improved security and risk management capabilities
Why WWT for hybrid cloud?
We know hybrid cloud solutions inside and out because we build them in our Advanced Technology Center (ATC), which spans WWT-owned on-premises data centers, a colocated space and three public cloud environments.
Our solution-focused approach delivers business outcomes, matures cloud capabilities and reduces risk. We’ll show you what works, what doesn’t and demonstrate how specific application workloads will operate on different hybrid cloud platforms.
Hybrid cloud maturity model
Where is your organization on the journey to cloud maturity?
Top hybrid cloud use cases
- Accelerating stalled public cloud migrations, evacuating aging and expired data centers, or modernizing IT infrastructure
- Shifting procurement models from CAPEX to OPEX and taking advantage of public cloud’s elasticity to meet growing demand
- Cost-effective disaster recovery using existing skills and tools while capitalizing on the high availability of public cloud facilities
- Modernizing applications by taking advantage of data and cloud services adjacencies for increased innovation and performance
- Expanding end-user computing capabilities to provide a higher-quality user experience for mobile and remote workforces
- Improved governance and visibility while meeting strict audit, security, regulatory/compliance and vendor support concerns
Common hybrid cloud challenges
Stuck between public and private clouds?
Having architected, built and deployed many hybrid cloud solutions for customers in our ATC, we've identified several issues that can prevent organizations from giving end users a great hybrid cloud experience:
- Disagreement about which workloads should run on which cloud provider
- Slow progress attributed to outdated on-premises infrastructure and operations
- Knowledge gaps around connectivity, security, operations, integration and governance
- Legacy operating models and individual governance models
- Increasing technical complexity and security/compliance requirements
Our approach to hybrid cloud
WWT’s approach to developing hybrid cloud solutions has been proven to increase the speed and responsiveness of IT teams while lowering costs through optimal workload placement.
Steps to hybrid cloud success:
- Discover and assess: We assess your workloads to ensure you’re pursuing the appropriate hybrid solution in terms of needing to seamlessly migrate data between private and public cloud environments.
- Design and plan: Leveraging decades of expertise in data center, networking and security, plus partnerships with leading cloud service providers, ISVs and OEMs, we design and plan the ideal hybrid cloud architecture to meet your requirements and outcomes.
- Modernize and deploy: We modernize private cloud infrastructure, as needed, then deploy your hybrid cloud solution.
- Migrate, replatform and optimize: We facilitate any needed migration or replatforming before optimizing application workloads to your new hybrid cloud solution.
- Integration: We make sure your hybrid cloud solution is integrated into your overarching cloud operating model and IT footprint.
Our hybrid cloud capabilities
Unlike traditional consulting organizations, boutique firms or cloud service providers, WWT offers independent expertise across all areas of cloud — from strategy through execution.
Our cloud expertise is informed by three decades of building the infrastructure on which modern clouds run. We've designed, built, deployed and secured complex data center, networking and multicloud solutions for some of the biggest service providers and businesses in the world.
WWT brings together cloud service providers, ISVs, OEMs, technology platforms and industry knowledge to create a collaborative ecosystem for customers to learn about, design, build, demo and deploy innovative cloud technologies and integrated architectural solutions.
Solution architecture & design
- Compute workshops
- Networking workshops
- Storage workshops
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Workshop
- SDDC Workshop
- Cloud Networking Workshop
- Infrastructure Automation Envisioning Workshop
- Cloud Automation Workshop
- DevOps Workshop
- Cloud Security Tools Rationalization Workshop
- AIOPs Strategic Roadmap Workshop
- Data Center Networking Design Workshop
- ATC lab services engagements
- Product comparison
- Product benchmarking
- Design validation
- Functionality testing
- Lab as a service (LaaS)
- Proofs of concept
- Low-level design
- Infrastructure deployment
- Infrastructure automation deployment
- SDDC deployment
- Cloud management deployment
- DevOps platform deployment
- Migration services
- AIOps platform deployment
Operations & optimization
- Infrastructure operational integration
- Automation workflow development
- Cloud management workflow development
- Service management workflow development
- Ops management integration
- Application & cloud resources performance management
- Strategic resourcing
Cloud deployment models
Cloud solutions are deployed in four primary ways today. The right model for your business will depend on your unique needs and goals. Our certified experts can help you choose, implement and optimize the right approach.
There are many paths to cloud success. Explore yours below.
Public cloud is a deployment model where cloud resources (i.e., hardware, software, services) are built, owned, operated and maintained by a third-party cloud service provider. These resources are delivered for public consumption over the internet and shared by multiple organizations.
Private cloud is a deployment model where cloud resources are built and consumed exclusively by the same organization and maintained on a private network. Private clouds can be physically located on-premises in an organization’s data center or hosted by a third-party service provider.
Hybrid cloud is a deployment model that bridges the gap between private and public clouds. Cloud resources are consumed and operated in a common way across both clouds, enabling portability of services across the various underlying cloud infrastructures.
Multicloud is a deployment model present whenever there is any combination of on-premises, off-premises and public cloud platforms, where cloud resources are spread across several cloud-hosting environments.
Meet our hybrid cloud experts
Financial Institution: A Hybrid Cloud Solution
TEC17 Podcast: What is Hybrid Cloud?
Google Cloud’s Anthos Lab
How Hybrid Cloud and Multicloud Are Shaping Security Models
VMC on AWS: Hybrid Cloud Made Easy