WWT Expands Cisco Partnership with Hosted Collaboration Solution for Defense Offering
Cisco’s HCS-D enhances digital workplace, on-and-off prem collaboration and workforce productivity.
WWT is now one of two only authorized participating partners to offer Cisco’s Hosted Collaboration Solution for Defense (HCS-D), which offers DoD agencies cloud-based, secure collaboration tools including voice, video, instant messaging, presence and conferencing-all with DoD Impact Level 5 (IL5) and FedRAMP certifications.
WWT has partnered with Cisco to provide a single, holistic solution for real-time secure communications from enterprise to tactical edge. With Cisco’s HCS-D, a single advanced collaboration solution for a "one service, one experience" approach to 21st-century defense is now available to all DoD users.
A proven partnership and a holistic solution
As a proven technology leader with thousands of engineers supporting defense agency missions around the world throughout our nearly 30-year history working with the Department of Defense, WWT understands that secure, reliable and adaptable collaboration is paramount to our nation's defense. WWT has the proven ability to support the DoD at-scale, currently holding one of DISA’s capacity contracts to provide storage-as-a-service to the entire Department of Defense.
As Cisco’s largest partner, WWT and Cisco combine to provide world class technology with a proven services capability. In addition to partnering with Cisco on HCS-D to provide hosted and managed collaboration services to defense agencies, WWT is also partnered with Cisco on UCM Cloud Calling for Government to provide a like-capability for federal agencies. WWT has a proven track record of deploying and managing Cisco solutions across all of Public Sector.
Cloud flexibility, simplicity and affordability
The DoD’s migration to cloud has put security at the forefront of the mission. WWT and Cisco have come together to bring a secure, cloud-hosted collaboration solution to market. Not only does WWT simply the complex, from a technology perspective, but WWT is also simplifying the solution set as-a-service with pay-as-you-go pricing.
Cisco’s HCS-D offering is a secure, DoD-authorized service that’s built to the specific collaboration needs of defense agencies and can be quickly deployed without interrupting critical missions. A key advantage of this solution is the ability to come in and manage an existing infrastructure, bringing WWT’s trusted integrated communications capabilities to the post/base infrastructure and to the tactical edge.
HCS-D key solution advantages
- Simplicity – Deploy feature-rich, subscription-based services that scale with your needs, delivered from the cloud.
- Integration — HCS-D integrates with the tactical edge to provide a single global user interface from enterprise to tactical.
- Flexibility & Increased Agility – Enhance interoperability among systems while streamlining your budget through OpEx funding.
- Mission Enablement – Collaborate to get the mission done, from Instant Messaging to full videoconferencing.
- Secure Collaboration – Enable security through FIPS 140-2 end-to-end encryption and DoD Impact Level 5 compliance, while keeping all data hosted by Cisco within the U.S.
Empowering mission enablement
HCS-D will support the most popular families of endpoints, including a broad portfolio of voice and video devices, from IP phones to mobile and desktop applications. This means you can provide the right device for each user, from administrators to knowledge workers, to task workers, to leaders, to mobile workers. The solution also leverages innovative cloud technologies that can help the DoD meet cloud-first mandates while still letting users leverage any existing communications investments. And, by connecting forces with multiple nodes of communications, the solution can empower greater command and control capabilities.
Key features of HCS-D include:
- HCS-D has modern collaboration capabilities delivered securely via cloud;
- It is rapidly deployable, scalable and efficient;
- HCS-D is built specifically for the Department of Defense;
- HCS-D is platform-centric;
- And interoperable with existing on-premise collaboration solutions;
- Customers will gain instant expertise with services for DoD: 24/7 NOC/SOC operations to manage and maintain HCS-D;
- It comes with the benefit of technical support and problem management from Cisco engineers with HCS-D expertise.
With WWT and Cisco’s HCS-D, the DoD enables a secure and stable platform to empower mission enablement, from headquarters to the battle space edge. Cisco HCS-D is designed to be DoD Impact Level 5-Authorized. DoD IL5 provides a cost-effective, risk-based approach for the adoption and use of cloud services by agencies within the U.S. DoD. By standardizing on security assessment, authorization and continuous monitoring for cloud products and services, this program delivers costs savings, accelerated adoption and increased confidence in security.
With HCS-D, the DoD also gains access to advanced secure encryption technology. This can give personnel the confidence to communicate honestly with their colleagues in the field and back at headquarters.
For more information on WWT and Cisco’s partnership and the HCS-D offering, visit here.
To request a briefing on HCS-D, visit here.
Cisco’s Hosted Collaboration Solution for Defense (HCS-D) will impact the mission of Defense by providing the next evolution of collaboration. This will prepare the Department of Defense (DoD) for the long term by providing a secure and scalable collaboration platform to connect users across the Department.